Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit Challenge Results
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 03, 2008 01:09PM

[www.aliveraw.com]
Fruit Challenge Results
Dr. Joseph and Dr. Clement review blood analysis on a fruitarian.
[www.aliveraw.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit Challenge Results
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 03, 2008 02:33PM

Hi John Rose

that is very interesting
thanks for sharing that

i also read a lot of stuff concerning B 12 etc.
i'm thinking of just going out in the backyard, digging a bit, and shaking some soil agrobacterium into my salad LOL smiling smiley

my question is this:
will blue green algae supply the B 12?
seems like I am hearing both yes and no from Clemens because of the wording in his article.. it is confusing

should i just get a spoon
dig in the dirt
and blend it into my green smoothie?

i'm wondering if just having perfectly functioning organs will do the trick
again i am hearing yes then no

its all in the soil
its a bacteria

i know other animals have it
but humans?

again, contradictory information

either that
or just not well understood

i don't like taking supplements
i know dr. clemens has a b 12 supplement that is bacterial based which is something i could appreciate but still.

what do u suggest?

Date: August 03, 2008 02:47PM

Wasn't this David Zane Masons results?...if so there's a "mega thread" about this already here that maybe of interest to tose that missed it.

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 03, 2008 03:57PM

Heh..heh. Yeah. We've covered this territory. I'm the guy in question. Been an all-raw guy for about 8+ years...and an all-fruit guy for the past 2 or 3. My B-12 & protein levels are fine. I think (my opinion) that if you are clean internally (which should be the focus) that you will absorb nutrition much better (including B-12) and won't have a problem.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 03, 2008 09:34PM

Why does he pronounce vit-amins like that I wonder?

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 04, 2008 01:21AM

communitybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why does he pronounce vit-amins like that I
> wonder?

i`ve heard that from a few peeps....it`s "different" huh?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: August 04, 2008 01:44AM

[Been an all-raw guy for about 8+ years...and an all-fruit guy for the past 2 or 3. My B-12 & protein levels are fine. I think (my opinion) that if you are clean internally (which should be the focus) that you will absorb nutrition much better (including B-12) and won't have a problem.]

Well, there was that paper on the Hallelujah diet people--their B12 levels were not fine on the whole.

I suspect we just don't know enough about it, why some people are adequate after years of veganism and why others are not. It seems to me from what I have read that in the long term it is not ok for most people although there are some exceptions. Genetics might have something to do with it. Lifestyle might have something to do with it. I don't know. I haven't had mine tested, but I haven't gone for years without supplementing, either.

Until they shed more light convincing me it is ok for me, I am covering my bases by taking a supplement, bacterially-derived. It costs about $4/year.

Date: August 04, 2008 04:29AM

I hear you Arugula. I just don't think some one should hold off eating the foods that THEY have researched to be correct....based on any particular dogma or studies. The only REAL deal is to try the regime of the food / lifestyle you want. See if it makes you happy. See if you can eat with mindfullness......and not worry or 'obsess' about diet....and be 100% comfortable. Then get medical tests if you need to confirm the fact that you already feel very good......but you need numbers to augment that.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2008 04:41AM

According to wiki some people can store B12 in their bodies for up to 30 years. To me not worth the risk though. I felt pretty good on junk food... for awhile. If I had it to do over I wouldn't have waited until I felt bad to get checked out. Cool that Clement gave you the free blood work, even if it was mostly for his own publicity/research.

Date: August 05, 2008 10:49PM

Sure. People that are concerned about it should definitely supplement, if they believe this to be helpful and loving towards themselves.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:56PM

Hi Veronique,

<<< will blue green algae supply the B 12?>>>

From what I’ve read, the O. malhamensis test (the “gold standard” for measuring metabolically active B12 in food) has shown that SBGA does have metabolically active B12 for humans even though it’s also full of B12 analogues (*). However, I still have not read anything about the “gold standard” for measuring the B12 activity of any food, except for nori. As far as I know, SBGA has not been tested for lowering methyl malonic acid, so until we have the “gold standard” test for the B12 activity of a food, it is best to supplement or at least have a urinary MMA test done periodically.

* By the way, have always been suspicous about the whole analogue thing since everything I’ve read about it references to the work of Victor Herbert and Herbert has been massively discredited and cannot be trusted.

<<<i'm wondering if just having perfectly functioning organs will do the trick>>>

I’ve always wondered whether or not we needed an outside source in addition to the B12 we are supposed to manufacture if we had perfectly functioning organs. My guess would be yes, we need an additional outside source, but I have always been concerned about taking a supplement for a level 2 nutrient. Obviously, if we have deficiency as serious as B12, we don’t want to take any chances and we need to supplement in addition to improving our living conditions and lifestyle choices. .

<<< what do u suggest?>>>

I am not really big on taking supplements, especially for level 2 nutrients, but B12 deficiency is a very serious and common problem and B12 is the only supplement that I always tell all of my students that they might need to take.

Peace and Love……..John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables