Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sample Day of Food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 03:55AM

Banana may have nutrients but the nutrients are not usable because of the high sugar content. Here are some words on this by David Wolfe [www.pioneerthinking.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 17, 2006 04:00AM

The only mention of bananas was "Bananas make you feel like a wild primate!"

Date: September 17, 2006 04:07AM

Here what wolfe says about hybrid fruit and bananas are one of them:

What to do? Seek out high-quality organic fruit grown from non-hybridized plant strains or better yet grow your own fruit trees from seed or even seek out wild fruits. The best way to determine if a fruit is too hybridized is to examine its seeds. If the fruit is seedless, do not eat it or at least be very frugal when eating it. Seedless fruit actually should not be eaten -- you will become more and more sensitive to this as you become internally cleaner and cleaner. If the fruit has seeds, try planting them. If they grow, the fruit, even if hybridized, still has enough natural vitality to be excellent nourishment.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 17, 2006 02:14PM

thanks Bryan

Banana up then.

Personally, I think this whole "addicted" to certain foods rap is over-played. What does that really MEAN anyway? Do we really need pop psychology in the field of nutrition?

On the other hand, there is scientific evidence to support that eating to much of any one food, or eating any one food too often can result in allergic reactions to said food. Because of this I do try to eat a variety of food and to not replicate meals too many days in a row. I don't always accomplish this, but it is a principle I try and adhere to.

Kathleen

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 17, 2006 05:07PM

Today so far:
Breakfast 1: 1 banana
Breakfast 2: watermelon
Breakfast 3: 2 apples smoothie with flax seeds, cacoa and other superfoods

Lunch: Raw homous in little gem lettuce with rocket

Snack 1: Watermelon
Snack 2: Papaya
Snack 3: Goji berries

Dinner is gonna be salad and avocado etc. Then I will have some more fruit later on. I am feeling hungry today!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 18, 2006 09:42AM

Yesterday:

brunch was:
salad with romaine, arugula (naturally!), spinach, alfalfa sprouts, purple onion, cooked blackeyed peas, walnuts, tomato, green bell pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, broccoli, corn, about 10 cups, mostly leaves.

dinner was:
green apple, red grapes, orange, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, ground flax, one brazil nut, soy yogurt, about 5 cups, ate about 3 1/2 cups, put the rest back in the fridge for later.

late night snack was the same, what I could not finish from dinner.

All raw except for the beans (slightly sprouted before light cooking), and the soy yogurt.

Posted by: m ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:33PM

this post is great...

yesterday:

morning...
"raw gruel"....warmed up some water and blended it with ground flax, raw maca, apple and banana. goji/bee pollen atop.

snack...young coconut

lunch...handful of brazil nuts

dinner...green smooothie: lots of kale, 2 bananas, blueberries

snack...figs

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:49PM

jan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a great question! Sometimes, I wonder if
> I'm eating proper?????
> I really need to become educated on food
> combining!
> Maybe someone could start a conversation on
> that....
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

If you are looking for informaiton on proper food combinng, I highly recommend Dr. Douglas Graham's Recipe Book. All of his recipes are proper food combinations and they are all very yummy. Here is a link for you:

[www.foodnsport.com]

Hope that helps.

Kim

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: September 18, 2006 08:02PM

I eat seven bananas at one sitting and feel fine about it (I actually feel better then I do eating anything else, but it took some time to build up to). I rotate it up though and will only do this, say twice a week.

My diet (all organic)-

Breakfast:
As much fruit as I can eat and still feel good (today was a 20 oz of grapes)
A little bit of grain to finish off (I'm transitioning to raw still)

Lunch:
Cherry tomatoes (one pint)
Half cucumber
LARGE salad (with either lime and sea salt or an olive oil dressing)
Either one or two avocados or some soaked nuts
Ezekiel bread dipped in cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil

Sometimes I'll have an additional fruit meal in the day or start lunch with fruit, but most of the time I feel best on two square meals. Incidentally, chimps don't usually eat after 4:00 PM and they eat mostly fruit in the morning and greens in the afternoon. This make sense, since we would need more calories at the beginning of the day for fuel and greens later in the day for repair and maintenance in the evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2006 08:04PM by ryandvan.

Date: September 19, 2006 06:08PM

Seven bananas? Maybe bananas hybrid as they are now are not that nutritious after all.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 20, 2006 01:17PM

ryandvan: this seems like a very sound and healthy transition diet to me. I appreciate the reference to the way chimps eat. It does make sense to eat fruit early and greens later.

here in louisiana we can grow bananas. they are actually just beginning to mature and the plants are even still producing "babies"...this indicates to me that I may eat bananas longer into the winter months than is generally recommended for more wintry climes. Personally, I never eat more than two bananas in one sitting (and feel pretty indulgent when I do). The intense amount of concentrated sugars would have me walking a bit too far off the ground, if you know what I mean.

~Kathleen

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: September 20, 2006 01:54PM

Lately I have been keeping it quite basic at breakfast and lunch times.

Breakfast -
Usually Fruit - today: 2 small plums, a pear and a kiwi. An apple when I got to work.

Lunch -
Sometimes I make things like marinated vegetables with cucumber noodles or raw hummus and carrots for dipping.
Lately though it's just been 2 apples or 2 pears, occasionally a Nak'd bar too(nuts, dates etc in a bar, yummy).
Today was 2 pears and Nak'd bar

Dinner -
I usually make something a little fancier. From one of my Raw recipe books or something I have come up with myself.
Last night I eat Raw Chili with sprouted mung beans.

I have enjoyed keeping it simple for breakfast and lunch, especially lunch because that way I don't have to worry about preparing things ahead of time to take to work.
The sprouting and marinating etc I do for my evening meals are enough work for me.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 20, 2006 03:29PM

I guess I never listed what I eat on a daily basis. It usually goes something like this:

Every morning when I wake up, I have a smoothie. Usually I do yoga, go running, or some sort of exercise first thing in the am, but I had surgery 3 weeks ago, so I can't exercise for 6 weeks, and it is making me rather cranky! Anyways...my smoothie is made from kefir, a banana, some fresh fruit thrown in there and sometimes some hemp seed oil.

Then around 10am, I have a banana, or two, depending on how hungry I am.

Lunch is almost always a huge green salad. Usually consists of collard greens, spinach, red leaf lettuce, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, sprouts, dulse, wheat germ, asparagus, and any other kind of veggie I feel like throwing in there. I top it with some sort of raw dressing that I have made for the week.

In the afternoon, I snack on fruit. Usually cantaloupe, mangoes, or an apple, etc. Whatever looks good in the store at the time. Sometimes I have a handful of some sort of seeds or nuts.

Dinner is something I make for the family from one of my raw food books. I love making soups, veggie wraps, or my raw version of California Rolls. Those are my favorite.

After dinner, I might snack on some fruit.

I am getting a really good blender soon, so I am really looking forward to adding green smoothies to my dinners, and that might end up being our dinners every night.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: September 20, 2006 03:54PM

I tend to eat a lot of young leaf salad too. Spinach, Cos, radish leaf etc

Posted by: emmylou ()
Date: September 20, 2006 06:03PM

My day on average goes like this!

Breakfast-
Almost always Lydia's raw organic Grainless Apple Cereal..with my fresh Almond Milk that I make> I love my almond milk..I just can't keep it too long cause I drink it up!!

Morning Snack
Today was a smoothie with Almond milk, banana..and organic raw cacoa!! mmmmm so good!

Another Morning Snack
Apple and a few Brazil nuts

Lunch
unusually small green salad..arugala..raddicco ..red leaf lettuce.. parsley..cumcumber..1 avacado..a touch of olive oil for some dressing...
and some left over tabouli that my boyfriend made for me on sunday!!

Afternoon snack
A banana and some mango

Dinner
Tonight will be Living Lasange.. that I buy from out local Live Food Coop.. This is very delicious and filling.. They make it randomly..Got lucky today when I went in for some produce.. Not ambitious enough to try this complex recipe on my own.. Still new to Live raw foods.. so trying to keep it simple.

Evening snack
Usually want a little something sweet.. some raw organic blueberry pecan muffins I also bought today.

Soaking some lentils for tomorrow!

Enjoy reading this thread!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables