Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Philadelphia restaurants?
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 24, 2008 09:00PM

I may be in Philadelphia (actually Plymouth Meeting area) next month, just for a weekend. Does any one have any idea where there are decent restaurants around there?

Thanks.

Lee

"The trouble is that you think you have time."

(Gotama Buddha)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philadelphia restaurants?
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: August 26, 2008 04:32AM

I am from Phila and used to live in that area. Dont no of any right in Plmouth Meetings but heres some thoughts.Nothing that I am mentioning specializes in raw food.

1.Lancaster ave is the main drag on the ("Main Line"winking smiley about 15 min from Plymouth meeeting (real nice area) so if you shoot up Lancaster ave. I would imagine there are some nice restaurants.

2.The Palm Room -up scale- is a real real nice experiece. This is on Broad Street in Center City Philadelphia.

3Don Shula the former famous football coach has a few restaurants in the United Stated and one is in Phila. Its called Shula's347 Grill. My old boss went there and broght in the left overs and showed me the portions. The portions were amazing. The food was great she said and she told me they treated her in a way that was beyond top shelf service.Its located in West Conshohocen. 610- 260-9400.

4The OLd BookBinders is such a Philadelphia classic and I believe famous throught out US. Its on Walnut Street. Never been there but as said it is said as a must if your going to visit our city of brotherly love.

I know there are many more but I am not sure if you were looink for only raw rest.

Good Luck & if going with spouse or friend, center city phia is nice to check out. Tons of restaurants with outside eating and outside sitting for a drink and you get to check out the center city environment while your eating.

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: August 26, 2008 05:29AM

There is a raw restaurant run by a wonderful raw foodist about 40 minutes outside of Phili. It's called Arnold's Way. It's very clean old school raw food, good tasting and pure. Arnold used to be an active member of this board a number of years ago.
I found the link to his location with directions and have posted them below. Hope this helps! winking smiley Happy traveling.

PEACE.
Choco

Directions to Arnold's Way
319 West Main St. Store # 4 Rear
Lansdale, PA 19446
215-361-0116

BY TRAIN from Phila.

Take the R5 from center city. We are located right across from the Lansdale Train Station.

Click Here for all SEPTA train routes.

BY CAR from Phila.

From Rt. 76 (appx. 40 minutes)

Take Rt. 76 to Rt. 476 N. Plymouth Meeting
Get on the PA turnpike east to NE Extension going towards Allentown
Get off the 1st exit - Lansdale - make left - go to 1st light - make left
Follow sign to 63 E. (appx. 2 miles) - make right
(Clemens Supermarket on corner)
Head towards downtown Lansdale - just before train station, make left
Park in big parking lot - we're at the end of the parking lot

From Rt. 309

Take Rt. 309 North (or South) to Rt. 63 (309 Movies)
Follow signs to Rt. 63 W. - go appx. 5 miles into downtown Lansdale
After train station, make right into big parking lot
We're at the end of the parking lot

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 26, 2008 02:06PM

I'd go to Essene at 4th & Monroe in the city. Not sure about Plymouth Meeting specifically, though.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: August 26, 2008 03:21PM

LOOK UP THE BLUE SAGE IN SOUTHAMPTON, PA.PHONE # IS 215-942-8888. IT IS FABULOUS! IT IS ON HUNTINGDON PIKE NEAR STREET RD. I LIVE 10 MINUTES FROM THERE. MUCH NICER THAN ARNOLDS, AND HAS RAW AND COOKED VEGAN OR VEG FARE ONLY. JANICE

Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: August 31, 2008 06:04AM

I wanted to mention if you do go to the Palm Room consider going to the very top floor. It is this little cool setting in which they have a small bar a person playing piano. You may see 3 or 4 couples in there at the most and sometimes you will see our mayor Ed Rendell in there having a drink. Its such a neat setting. If you go,ask any employee to help you get to the top of the Palm. The room itself doent fit more than 25 people or so but there wont even be that many in there.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 31, 2008 11:05AM

Thanks everyone!

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

I am thinking of raw/vegan food. I know there aren't many raw/vegan restaurants outside of LA and NYC, but I always like to steer my meat eating friends to a healthy place where I can get a great salad or where a fruit plate is more than unripe melon and grapes.

I appreciate it.

I love this food!

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

"May all beings be happy."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables