Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How do youall do it?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 13, 2008 01:26PM

there are many interpretations of raw food and what it does but there aren't too many agreements, making everything too confusing

I think most people would agree that cooking harms the nutrients.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 13, 2008 04:05PM

but most of them argue why - and there are a lot of solid arguments against it as well. It does take away nutrients, but also breaks down the wall so that other nutrients are more easy to absorb, as well as the food itself(I don't believe that enzymes in food play a part in digesting, but that's just me). I've read a few articles and watched a few things. I'm still open.

i think eating raw is important, but i don't think it's been proven that 100% is going to lengthen your life and in some cases it can be harmful, just as cooked food can be - though it's easier for cooked food to get a bad rap because most of it is processed and called SAD.

I'm just saying, I'm not a scientist and neither are a lot of people that make these kind of claims. I'd just like to learn about it on my own terms but I haven't gone to school for that yet. So getting a balance is what I will do, it's the only thing really to do to not feel like I have to live up to an expectation that is uncertain to even experts. These are all just what I'm thinking right now, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to abandon raw food -- obviously it works for some people and they should keep doing it if they feel good and I shouldn't tell them otherwise. But while I try to figure out what works for me, then I'm just posting my experience (which isn't big, but it's still mine and what leads me).

smilesss smiling smiley

Posted by: mameyluver ()
Date: October 13, 2008 08:48PM

Very interesting thread -- one I could certainly relate to. It's hard for me to admit, but I recently incoprorated cooked/processed food back into my diet (I felt shame, as I liken it to an ex-smoker picking smoking back up again), but I've finally come to terms with my decision.

Why did I do it? 1) It's easier, being married to someone who eats a SAD [I don't cook nor grocery shop (I'm spoiled), and the places that serve raw became too limited/boring for hubby]; 2) It adds a variety of texture, taste and temperature (which I noticed someone else mentioned smiling smiley; 3) Definitely emotional.

I'd have to say my percentage of raw dropped 25% ... I've grown healthier mentally about it, as I no longer attach guilt to my decision. I've decided that how I feel is a gauge that will determine whether to continue on my current path or not. For now, 75% raw seems to work for me, as long as I stay away from processed sugar (it makes me dizzy).

xoxo,
Lita

[paintedrenderings.blogspot.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:44AM

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:13PM

I second that post, Lita. smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 16, 2008 04:49PM

Occasionally I like to condense things down to their simplest common denominator. Doing that with

How do youall do it?

= I eat the raw foods that I like

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: October 17, 2008 10:25PM

Hey Communitybuilder

I've experienced the same as you. I was 100% raw for about 6 months and lost a lot of weight, I looked emaciated. I am now about 60-70% raw, have put the weight back on and feel much better for it.

I feel it is important to find what works for you and your own body rather than concentrating too much what is right for everybody else.

What was the reason you decided to drastically reduce to 50-60%/

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2008 11:25PM

Hi sunshazza. I don't worry about percentages. Some day(s) I may be 100%, others maybe 20-30%. I really think whole foods & eating well in general is much more important than eating only uncooked.

I still love smoothies & all sorts of raw fruit, veg & nuts but I also will eat cooked quinoa, rice, potatoes, vegetables & f*** if I feel like it.

I feel much better allowing myself this freedom & I don't notice any difference in health as long as I'm eating reasonable portions & not eating too late at night.

Better to have a variety of raw+cooked than overeating on fruit and/or nuts (which seems pretty much inevitable if you're going to be a long-term raw vegan unless you're a small female with very low caloric needs).

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables