Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Religion of Raw
Posted by: Duo ()
Date: September 05, 2008 05:17AM

Is anyone working on establishing a legit religion which is Raw specific, if one does not exsist already?

I heard a vague story once of a man who completed all the paperwork in order to legalize his religious marijuana smoking.
This may be the story:
[coc.enlightener.net] The Quaintances of AZ
[www.religionnewsblog.com] Article on the Church of Cognizance bust

Fueled by the CPS thread and Mandatory Immunizations issues...)I've been searching for an option that doesn't involve hiding and keeping quiet about what I eat and feed my child. If RAW vegan cannot be recognized as normal, perhaps a religion that entails 'pure/ real/ uncooked' foods is in order. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2008 05:20AM by Duo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Religion of Raw
Date: September 05, 2008 05:30AM

PS

.... I do understand that this could be a major turnoff for some... Kinda screams cult...
and I have read several times: "Raw, this is not a religion, it is a way of life"... I agree.. but still wonder

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 05, 2008 11:53AM

The Essenes are raw. The Essene books were the original New Testament, before King Constantine edited the Bible in 325 AD, he was not a vegan and didn't want the Bible to be vegan.

When you read the Essene texts, which were books that were hidden from Constantine's bookburners who tried to burn the existing original New Testament books after he edited the Bible, you can tell where he edited them. You're reading along a familar passage and all of a sudden it goes into a totally different story that you never heard before!

This is an example, a bit of the table of contents of the books, you can see the Sermon on the Mount, some healings that are familar, the breaking of bread to feed people - and then there is Jesus' talking about horses, rabbits and pigeons - which you've never read before!

[www.thenazareneway.com]
Section 3 Lections 21 Thru 30

(21) Jesus Rebuketh Cruelty to a Horse. Condemneth the Service of Mammon.
(22) The Restoration of Iairus' Daughter.
(23) Jesus and the Samaritan Woman.
(24) Jesus Denounces Cruelty. Healeth the Sick.
(25) The Sermon on the Mount (part I)
(26) The Sermon on the Mount (part II)
(27) The Sermon on the Mount (part III)
(28) Jesus Releaseth the Rabbits and Pigeons.
(29) He Feedeth Five Thousand with Six Loaves and Seven Cluster of Grapes.
(30) The Bread of Life and the Living Vine.

There are alot of essene scriptures, some go into making dried breads and other raw foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2008 12:05PM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 05, 2008 03:14PM

The Essenes are also extinct. There are supposed to be sects of Jains that are raw . . .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 05, 2008 05:21PM

halleluja acres.
[www.hacres.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 05, 2008 07:05PM

The Essenes aren't quite extinct yet. There are a bunch of raw food proponents - Victor Kulvinskas, David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousens, Tim Trader, who are all Essene ministers.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:20PM

I think that it is dangerous to equate eating with religion. Period. The divine is personal to each person. Eating a certain way will not make you any more devout or spiritual than the next. Clearer perhaps. I don't think this is what you are alluding to at all. But there are many in this movement who think this is the only way to eat - Just like Christians think their God is the only God. They think they are somehow purer than the rest of mankind. That is totally distorted and dangerous thinking in my opinion.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:36PM

Thinking this is the only way to eat and saying people will be condemned to hell if they don't eat like this are not the same thing.

Diet can certainly be (and is) a part of religion, it is a part of mine. I couldn't base my beliefs on my diet though, it is only a useful tool. It seems that the MJ church based their spiritual beliefs on MJ.

The power religeon has in this world is wild.

Interesting articles Duo. Thanks.

Date: September 06, 2008 01:46AM

[www.jainworld.com] Non-Violence and food. Jain Philosophy
by Acharya Mahapragya

This sums it up, a beautiful message. Similar to Bryan's and David Zane's and others' posts about addressing one's emotional and mental attitudes.

I agree that attaching a set of rules or religious doctrine to eating or anything else can be sticky. Just depends on who is defining what 'religious' really means. I religiously eat pears...

The original post is simply searching for a nametag, if one were to be requested of someone. If the government comes knocking; wanting to inject a child, or take them from vegan parents, wouldn't it be nice to have a religious exemption, until radical changes are made in what people perceive a normal diet to be?

Date: September 06, 2008 02:06AM

The way I look at faith and food is that a faith MUST be raw vegan to qualify as a faith to be considered as true. Because the god of that faith is always the Creator, and Creator should know that humans function best on raw vegan. Being raw vegan does not automatically make it the correct faith though.

But this is not to say that people cannot connect to the spiritual world, worship God, or get spiritual fulfillment through a religion that is not vegan. I don't think that what you believe makes as mutch difference as what you do, I don't believe in hell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2008 02:15AM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: September 07, 2008 12:23AM

I like the sound of that- "the religion of Raw". Lol.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 07, 2008 02:14PM

"amor es mi religion"

manna

Posted by: TruthHunter ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:53PM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Essenes aren't quite extinct yet. There are a
> bunch of raw food proponents - Victor Kulvinskas,
> David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousens, Tim Trader, who are
> all Essene ministers.

Because of the Raw food advocacy of the Essene Gospel of Peace, the modern "Essene" movement has appealed to many Raw fooders.

From Wikipedia under "Modern and contemporary Essenes":

Rev. Gideon Ousely, produced a book that he claimed was Essene in origin known as the Gospel of the Holy Twelve (which he claimed was translated from Essene texts hidden in a Tibetan monastery, and partially channeled to him by angels.)[citation needed] Dr. Edmund Bordeaux Szekely is another modern pseudo-Essene. These individuals assert that the Essene teachings had been hidden and assimilated into many mystical spiritual traditions around the world, where the teachings were hidden within ancient libraries. It was in 1928 that Edmond Bordeaux Szekely first published his translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, a manuscript allegedly discovered in the Secret Archives of the Vatican and in old Slavonic in the Royal Library of the Habsburgs of which much was destroyed by a fire that destroyed the monastery that stood in its place. (now the property of the Austrian government) However, subsequent investigations into the claims of these individuals produced nothing to substantiate their stories. Biblical scholars don't consider the Szekely or Ousely writings as authentic.

Currently there are several modern Essene Groups around the world.

TruthHunter

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 11, 2008 04:59AM

Can I be a priestess????

Date: September 11, 2008 07:29AM

LOL, You already are!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables