Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

colonics
Posted by: mimi ()
Date: April 18, 2006 02:33AM

Is there a program/product that someone could recommend to cleanse the colon?
I was reading a little about "colonix". Anyone use this?
Also, I am deathly allergic to Latex/rubber. All the bags seem to be made from this material. Anyone know otherwise.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Mimi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: colonics
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 22, 2006 06:42AM

Opinion:

-The first steps are to be clean internally - through a light.....fresh fruit & vegetable diet.......plenty of fresh pure water.....light fasting....light exercise....positive spiritual practice.........etc.

-After that, if you wanted to cleanse your colon....you could start with some light enemas.....and later find an inexpensive colon-hydrotherapist.

-This has been very effective for me. I hear they make a 'home colonic board'.....called a Colemia board...or some such. Never tried it though.

For the enemas....the reusable hanging bag they sell at the drugstore has worked just great for me. Many flushes and still counting! LOL.

-I have also had some commercial colonics....and find them very helpful.....as long as a person is not piling crap on top of a clean colon! Ha! ha!

-David Mason

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 22, 2006 09:59AM

Colonic Comics!!!!

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: May 01, 2006 03:34AM

I would prefer to use the gel from fresh Aloe vera leaves
and a product called oxy-cleanse
and some "juice fasting"
later some water fasting
if it's not an emergency
just my preference

Date: May 01, 2006 03:57AM

Yes, I have investigated the Colema Board and another. The problem for me right now is to even get started as every bag has some sort of rubber piece in it.
I developed a latex allergy in my really bad eating days. I can't even imagine how horrid the allergic reaction would be with latex protein coming in the system through the tubing.
I'll have to check out the ones at the pharmacy.
I know this is gross to talk about but I saw some pics online of some of the gunk that came out curing colonic cleanses. Some were so big I just don't see how it's possible. But then again I have read that you can lose 6 or so pounds of poopella with a cleanse. Yikes!

Date: May 01, 2006 04:00AM

Oh and David,
You mentioned that you have had many flushes and still counting. How often would one do this to maintain a clear passageway?

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 01, 2006 08:58PM

Hi Mimi,

I tried to tell people about this awesome colonix container but very few people visit the "other health" forum on this website.

Anyway, here's a link to a previous post I made about a great, stainless steel product that I purchased.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 02, 2006 04:05AM

Gracias, Marcos for taking the time to post the link. I'm going to look into it but need to find non-rubber hoses and such. Ack, what a hassle.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: May 11, 2006 05:01PM

Hi, don't know if you are still investigating colon cleanse...
I used Blessed Herbs colon cleanse kit and had amazing results, long bits of compacted rubbery stuff as long as my arm. It involves a semi juice fast plus herbs and a shake.

Anna

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: May 12, 2006 06:52PM

check out Optimal Health Network for non-rubber, non-latex enema kits....
they are silicone...

also one of the best cleanses is Vit Ra Tox....arise and shine is also a good one...

doing these cleanses with colonics and or enamas will really help...remember that when doing a cleanse the toxins are dumped into the colon...so the colon needs to be cleansed...so all that stuff does not go back into system (the toxins)

Date: May 29, 2006 09:02PM

I actually have just started using Dr. Natura [www.drnatura.com] and am having amazing results. I plan on doing a few enemas this week with my stainless steel enema and latex free hoses that I got from optimal health network several months back. I found dr natura after ordering the almighty cleanse from itv. Without even opening the box I called ITV for a return authorization because I knew Dr. Natura was "it" for me. Anyway, here's to colon cleansing, gall bladder cleansing, kidney cleansing and nasal irrigation to keep the body free and clear of junk.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: May 30, 2006 12:51AM

I've used Dr.Natura's Colonix and it was awazing! I did 2 months last year and I just ordered another batch to start again. Great results!!...it's easy once you get the hang of the routine....You take the tea at night before bed, then anti-parasite pills in the a.m and a teaspoon of fiber powder before eating. No mess, no fuss and all natural.

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: May 31, 2006 04:49AM

recommendations of an herbal/natural healing doctor who ran a sanatarium for many years. Al Wolfsen studied such things deeper than anyone I've ever met or heard about. he said colonics/enemia should only be used for short term to help remove junk, daily use over time will cause peristaltic action to get lazy.
His preferred flush was using sea water at 1-3 dilution with warmed water, (salt lake water diluted to 1/6 is supposed to be equal to sea water.) drink two quarts on empty stomach in morning, and then stay close to a disposal point. If it dosn't go through it means yer body was so hungry for minerals it soaked it all up. (sea water works fine for blood transfusions so drinking that much at once is no problem) His cleanse treatment was the flush with a juice fast and sillium seed hull powder, (i think metamusal is same stuff.) 3 days juice fast, 4 days raw food, and then another 3 days juice fast adding medicinal herb teas selected for whatever problem the person suffered from. a flush every morning, made sure everone drank another gallon of water every day, and a steam sauna bath every night. It was a cure all for whatever ails ya, and I saw it work wonders on people almost dead from a bad diet and lifestyle. I worked with a lady that was using it to treat people for awile, and also lived with Al Wolfsen for a couple months in CA in '83, besides going to every seminar he was at in the east, and then went to see him again later on in TX when he was in a wheel chair, he died in the mid '90's, and he was close to 90 YO.

Date: May 31, 2006 12:39PM

Reuben,

No one here is planning on doing an enema or colon hydrotherapy on a daily basis. First off, it's unrealistic because it takes preparation. Secondly, it is time consuming and none of us can afford to do it daily. However, we are all striving to clean out our bodies so, while your information is helpful, we don't want to send out the wrong messages.

I am a firm believer and advocate in the salt water flush, which is similar to the flush you were/are speaking of. However, in the beginning, we do need to get all the mucilage out of our colons first and the salt water flush can be used for maintenance. I'm not real big on psyllium seed powder. Anyway, your info is good and I hope it will help someone. I just don't want anyone to get confused into thinking that colon flushing and enemas are bad. They are the exact opposite as long as we only do them once or twice a week.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: May 31, 2006 06:09PM

I agree...can you guys be more specific on the salt water flush and what the exact dosage is?

Thnx

Date: June 03, 2006 09:50PM

Jen,

Here's a link to the SWF. Enjoy!

[www.lifeevents.org]

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 14, 2006 02:30PM

when you did the salt water flush, did you also do the exercises with it?

Date: June 14, 2006 03:16PM

Well, yes and no. Basically, I did some basic yoga stretching to get things moving. Basically, that's what the instructions are telling you to do without all the info. However, if you even do any basic stretching before a workout, which we all should, that this will do.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:32PM

ok. thanks! !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables