Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question regaurding a health choice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 01, 2006 05:15PM

Hello all, not really new here, was under another name for awhile before disappearing for a few years. But not I am back with a question regarding fasting.

For a little history, all through my life I was a really, really, bad eater. Was sick a lot, ate a ton of bad food. I was an extremely typical SAD eater. I don't even want to think about the crap I put into my body! When I was 16 ( I am 18 now) I discovered the raw diet and embarked on a 10 month long journey. During the time, depsite negative results at the end from not eating properly (Becuase of my resources I was, and not able now, to eat the raw diet in the right way) I realized, "I have CLEANSED myself!" through the 10 months I eliminated 16 years of garbage from my system, and I to this day have so many good effects!

Now as to my question. I am unable to go undergo any kind of major clease right now, because of time, money, resources ect.) I do eat much healtier, I am not perfect. But I do not want to go the next years junking up my body again, and would like to do a monthly fasting process to make sure I don't get 'junked up again' sorry if that sounds graphic.

Being young and in school, a true pull-out from food for three days is something I can not do. But I came up with a dietary plan for myself I thought I would follow for three days a month that would help give me a 'clease' of sorts. I am asking for thoughtfulness on this. I am a big eater, always have been. I need a couple things in here to still let me cleanse but not go crazy from the lack of food. Right now I am trying to do a morning-cleanse deal. I have not eaten breakfast yet, only drank water.

Here is my idea.

-Morning-
Water until noon on weekends, then eat some fruit
Fruit for breakfast on weekdays to give myself some energy

-Lunch-
A serving of Hemp Protein powderand more fruit. I was thinking of making a smoothie or a green drink for 'lunch'

-Dinner-
A large salad of vegetables and greens (Dark greens, I know no iceberg!) with a table spoon of flax oil to provide me with fat and nutrients. Also something I need to satisfy my appetite.

And then allow myself to much on celery, carrots, cucumbers, (ect.) whenever I really need a boost.

What do you think? Should I add in some coconut oil or anything? My big goal here is to not eat to many calories.

I am open to thoughtful criticism on this, pleaser tell me if theres anything I need to change, add, or eliminate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question regaurding a health choice
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:28PM

You are to be congratulated for choosing to look at cleaning up your diet at such a young age. This shows a great amount of consciousness on your part.

Also, you proposed cleanse looks quite good. You might want to put the daily menu into a nutritional calculator like fitday or nutridiary to make sure you are getting all your vitamins, and that the fat content is under 20%, or for an even better cleanse, under 10%. The less fat you eat, and the more fruit and greens you eat, the better your body will cleanse.

Also, iceberg lettuce, if you get organic, is quite an excellent green! It is the sweetest of the greens, tastes great, and if organically grown is rich in minerals and vitamins (is gets an 81 out of 100 on the completeness score on nutritiondata website).

Re: Question regaurding a health choice
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:29PM

By the way, welcome back Vaxil!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables