Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green Powder Drinks - VITAMINERAL GREEN - Y or N?
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: August 06, 2006 01:38PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm wondering about your opinions on green powdered drinks. Specifically VITAMINERAL GREEN. It seems to be the leader in the raw food world. My question is, are they worth it? They claim to have tons of superfoods, and alot of wonderful greens in them. But when you actually injest a serving of say 2 tablespoons, how much of each ingredient could you actually be giving yourself in that small dosage? It doesn't seem enough to be effective right? I mean divide two tablespoons by 20 ingredients (actually more from what they claim is in the product). That turns out to be 1/20th of a teaspoon of wheat grass, 1/20th of a teaspoon of Spirulina, 1/20th of a teaspoon of you catch my drift.

I hope you are following what I'm saying, and that is basically, can these products really benefit you in a way that it is justifiable to spend $50 a month on a supply? Or am I reading to far into it?

Peace!

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Powder Drinks - VITAMINERAL GREEN - Y or N?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 06, 2006 04:37PM

Here is a good article on superfood
[www.fredericpatenaude.com]

Date: August 07, 2006 06:26AM

Frédéric Patenaude is a waste of money, even if he's free.

VitaMineral Green is ok but I prefer Pure Synergy. smiling smiley

Here's a fun review of one of Freddie's books on Amazon.

I've been researching and pursuing information and lifestyle on whole, natural, non-GE, undenatured foods for 3 years. This book not only does not offer any science, it is totally contrary to science. Nor does it even offer clinical experience or observation.
Occasionally, the author has the grace to precede ridiculous statements with "in my opinion." Statements like "honey is worse than white sugar", and "some people eat insects because apes do" are sadly irrational. I believe his years of seeking nirvana through extremism, which he readily admits to, has brought him to this brink. This type of book and its advice is what gives raw food a bad name.

Following a diet like this is a certain prescription for sickness. The fact that it does not affect someone that way in the short run is because of youth or general good health. He makes blanket statements about a myriad of food items being "poison" with NO reason other than he said so. And statements like "There are all vital nutrients needed in food you buy as long as it tastes good", is frighteningly contrary to the fact that our soil is almost void of ANY nutrients in which to pass on. He makes this statement as 'evidence' to disregard any and all supplements.

This author is still a young man. He is able to abuse his body with extremism and get away with it. This "diet" he recommends is just that- abuse. This diet is contrary to any and all research in biology, physiology and whole food information I have ever read. And I mean outside mainstream medicine. I am talking real science.

If you are new to this field, please consider reading authors who's experiences are considered foundational to raw food eating such as, A. Wigmore, Boutenko or S. Meyerowitz, at least to start with. You will save yourself time and, in the long run, your health.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 07, 2006 08:28PM

I agree. While I don't take either I have tried Pure Synergy and would use it over vitamineral green. Just my own choice. I prefer to take e3 live and a few other supplements.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 07, 2006 10:31PM

Marcos,

What else do you take besides E3Live? I just started taking it and find it wonderful. Do you find that E3Live is sufficient as far as delivering what vitamin and pure synergy could?

Thanks..

Date: August 08, 2006 12:33AM

Why not go for the real thing. It is easy to grow sprouts and wheatgrass indoor. If I need additional nutrients besides the food I eat, I would go for those greens rather than some powder with questionable contents.
Green powders may be ok if I was travelling but totally unecessary otherwise.
Actually, the real issue is not nutrients, the local foods have all the nutrients we need, the issue is nutrient absorption, the health of the digestive system

Date: August 08, 2006 04:56AM

Definitely wheatgrass grown in mineralized soil with love is better than a powder. Powders are good for traveling though and if you're too busy to grow grass (it's fairly easy though). smiling smiley

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 08, 2006 02:54PM

Shine,

Not much. I do take a b12 supplement, which I took as just a vegan. I also use raw maca powder, drink yerba mate, and use hemp seeds in my diet. I find that I really don't have a need for anything else beyond this. Oh, I do take oil of oregano as well but that's more for internal health.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 08, 2006 03:03PM

Hey Marcos,

Thanks.. I also drink Yerba Mate daily, and was thinking about cutting it out of my diet as a result of caffiene. What's your feeling on Yerba Mate, why do you drink it? Are there more health benefits than negatives to it? I find that there is a dependence on it, and if I ever end up wanting to live in the woods for a month, or just not have my body telling me it needs the pick me up, it would be nice to not have the connection with the herb.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: August 08, 2006 03:41PM

I use "vitamineral green" in all my smoothies. I don't consider myself a great judge, since I haven't tried other superfood greens. But, you might want to check out what Doug Walsh has to say about it. He's the guy who hiked the "Divide" last summer and he swears by it. What he did was grueling, and so I made my decision based on his experience rather than my own.
www.rawhike.com

I use it pretty much every day and I feel happy, healthy and very alive!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 03:42PM by alive!.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables