Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouts vs. Stem Cells
Posted by: funky Beets ()
Date: July 31, 2006 12:17AM

Hi,

Sprouts are cells & nutrition taking out of a baby plant and stem cells are cells taking out of a baby.Do you think there is correlation between sprouts and stem cells? Has any vegan doctor conducted a study on that subject?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouts vs. Stem Cells
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 02:12PM

Well I'm not a doctor but human stem cells are those undifferentiated fetal cells in the early part of a pregnancy - they have the potential to grow into anything - heart, muscle, nerves etc. ---- sprouts don't have the potential to generate human tissue so I doubt they could offer much in the way of stem cell potential.

The main usefulness of stem cell research would be to grow human nerve cells - unlike our other organs, if a nerve is damaged, there's no way to fix it.

But if anyone knows of anyone with nerve damage having improved on a raw diet, please post it!

Posted by: Star241 ()
Date: August 07, 2006 01:04PM

Hi Funky,

I was going to put up a post regarding this same issue and you Funky Beet me to it!!

Ann Wigmore's book on Sprouting makes good reading... Sprouts are very nutritions and have tonnes of protein and minerals, vitamins packed into them. In Ann's book, she gives instances of starving children in a certain part of India who were given chickpea sprouts daily for a month.. All their sores disappeared.

I know that this is not stem cell, but the idea is similar...the cells of baby plants, animals are used to regenerate the mature cells...the baby plants - sprouts are eaten, the foetus cells are injected at £15,000 a pop.

You know...I prefer the price of the sprouts myself...

The Sprouting Book has information about 20 different kinds of sprouteable seeds and nuts and all the basic nutrition each type contains.

Why am I so interested in this? I'm reversing the damage of 7 years of chronic eczema...I have to eat sprouts every day and people think I'm in my 20s when I'm 41. I used to drink wheatgrass for its chlorophyll and anti-ageing effects, but can't stomach the taste anymore... the cost was proving too expensive as well.

Now I find sprouts with a large salad very good and toning to the skin and liver.

Kefir is also very good for bringing back skin tone and calming to the digestive system, but then again, this is a RAW FOOD site!!

Star

Date: August 07, 2006 03:56PM

Anyone have any experience reversing nerve damage with a raw food diet?

I'm really curious about this.

Paralysis, Parkinson's, stroke etc. - anything? Anyone?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 08, 2006 01:30AM

plants contain stem cells just like animals.

Posted by: funky Beets ()
Date: August 08, 2006 01:51AM

Sunshine,

The new (volume 18) Living Nutrition magazine speaks about Parkinson, raw foods and fasting. An article called Trimuph over Parkinson & Fasting on Page 76.

Date: August 09, 2006 02:41PM

Thanks funky Beets, I will def check that out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables