Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food and hemhorroids
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: August 14, 2006 01:57PM

HIYA!

Several days ago I accidentally posted this to the Other Topics forum. Ooops. I'd much rather put it here.

Thanks.

HIYA!

I have had hemhorroids since I started eating mostly raw. I recently read somewhere that too much fiber could be the cause. I was surprised to read that. Wonder if anyone else knows of this.

Not long after my first raw meal, about 12 years ago, I went @#$%&. But instead of just @#$%& coming out, my anus stuck out also. I was shocked, a bit scared, and very embarassed. I didn't tell anyone about it for years and years. Then I learned that it might be hemhorroids so I started researching what it is. Seems like I have a mild case.

For years and years and years - since I was a teenager I guess - I've had constipation. I still have it but it's not as bad as it was before I started eating veg about 13 years ago. I suppose hemhorroids and constipation are related in some way, at least in case.

Anybody else know of anything like this?

Troy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food and hemhorroids
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 02:34PM

Fiber is generally recommended for most constipation - but there are certain people whose bowels move chronically slowly, for whom more fiber can actually be harmful - which it sounds like is what you have.

There's no current medical cure (big surprise) - just a drug that helps with symptoms.

Perhaps you could experiment with various foods and see if you can help find an answer? I'd be interested in your progress, as this may be a physiological condition you were born with rather than a disease.

But I'm confident that the right combination of foods will be the key to your relief.

Have you tried a higher fat, lower fiber diet? --- also juicing may work well for you, as you'll get all the nutritional benefit of the raw foods w/out the fiber.

Keep us posted!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2006 02:48PM by sunshine79.

Re: raw food and hemhorroids
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 14, 2006 03:24PM

Constipation is caused by substances that dehydrate the body. This could be cooked foods, or salt or other solids that cause the body to hold onto water, or even dehydrated foods.

What helps relieve constipation are foods that contain soluble fibers, like those found in fresh fruits and leafy greens. The insoluble fibers found in nuts and seeds and grains, especially bad is flax, can irritate the digestive tract including hemmoroids.

The soluble fibers are soft and filled with water. The insoluble fibers are hard and sharp and dry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables