Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sick??detox??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2006 06:46PM

ok, so yesterday i woke up with a pounding headache.. my head felt extremely congested. my throat was in pain, ESPECIALLY when i swallowed. i had a loss of appetite, and very frequent urination.

I've been 100% raw for a week now, i just went back to raw after a year of eating cooked vegan. this week I've been drinking a lot of wheat grass and vegetable juices.

i went to sleep really early, woke up every 2 hours extremely dehydrated with a really bad sore throat. drank water, went to sleep again for 2 hours. repedeatly...

today i woke up and did not have a headache, yet my throat was in lots of pain. it feels as if there is tons of mucus in the back of my throat. i started feeling better drinking a banana, cacao baby coconut smoothie, a veggie juice with tons of ginger, a shot of garlic;lemon;ginger;flax. and some figs and raw ice cream for dinner

i went to sleep tonight, woke up after 2 hours and my throat is killing me.

I don't know if this is DETOX or a COLD, i normally never get sick, the weather is changing now and we are in the middle of a hurricane. but i have some symptoms of detox. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU FOR READING!!! ooouuch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sick??detox??
Posted by: Raine ()
Date: September 03, 2006 08:31PM

Without knowing if you have been around people suffering from colds/flu, there's still a lot of unknown variables.

When you say "a lot"of wheatgrass juice - is that more than 2 ounces per day? If you aren't accustomed to drinking a lot, you might want to go for moderation right now.

~raine~

Posted by: VeloriaRaw ()
Date: September 04, 2006 09:00AM

Not sure if you are sick or detoxing

BUT

for some reassurance, I had a butt-load of mucus, pimples, headace, tiredness, etc. the first week I went raw.

Your body is going through major changes. I felt like I was sick, but knew that I had to suffer a bit to get the junk out. By the end of the second week, I was better than ever. Keep up the healthy eating. No real harm can come from it. Salads are much more beneficial than pizza will be, especially when you are sick.

Also, I believe the throat is a big indicator for toxins. I can always tell when I go off the raw food diet after being on it for awhile: I get a sore throat.

Posted by: darkw00ds ()
Date: September 04, 2006 09:06AM

GIVE IT ANOTHER WEEK, IF UR DEAD THEN AT LEAST U KNOW IT DIDNT WORK

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2006 04:57PM

thank you for the advice = )

and darkwooods- i appreciate urs especially.

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 05, 2006 02:39AM

It's taken me a month to get detox symptoms. I kinda think you're lucky! Anyway, Veloria Raw is right that it can't hurt to eat healthy foods, and it will probably help, unless you fell you are going through detox too much too fast. Then maybe a little cooked would moderate it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables