Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lemons
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 04, 2006 05:58AM

I also read Alissa Cohen's forum and in late July there were some posts from this incredible girl who had eaten raw her entire life and didn't know she was a raw foodist! She only posted for 25 hours before disapearing, but everyone was all over her with questions. One bit of info they got out of her was a daily food intake:

"Well just eat what is availble and feel like

this morning I had papaya and lemon water

later I had some cherries

then I had a bundle of bananas

then I a few mangos

and some more lemon water

then I had some cabbage leaves

tried cooked food once when I was a teen because a friend dared me to try it. I thought it was awful. It made my tongue hurt and gave me a belly ache. Then I had it once after I married when my husband and went out for a special evening. We both got very sick and we never did that again."

What is interesting is that she ate lemons twice and the rest of her intake (minus the cabbage) was sweet fruit.

What hit me is that it's like the Lemonade Diet (a carb source + lemons) modified for long term use. I know she said she eats something different each day, but this is probably typical, what are the odds that only on this day would she eat that much lemon.

So why would the lemons be key? From reading about the Lemonade Diet I've heard that they are a great source of minerals.

Anyone else eat lots of lemons?

[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lemons
Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 04, 2006 01:12PM

I don't think I understand what you mean by the lemons being "key". Key to what?

There isn't any one food that is a "key" in my opinion.

I do eat (or rather drink) one to two lemons a day. My tummy likes them, they are good alkalizers and I find them refreshing on a hot day. But they're just lemons.

~Kathleen

Date: September 04, 2006 04:57PM

Actually, I was just looking for a reason to bring up her story without blatantly just copying it and I saw that she didn't have any big source for calcium (like nuts) besides lemons - which also enhance the calcium absorbtion of everything else she eats.

She seems to be a gypsy and I wonder if that helped with her parents choice to eat raw and the reason she doesn't dehydrate - small rv kitchens, having to buy propane, hauling the water to cook and wash dishes. The way she describes eating she doesn't need a kitchen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2006 05:04PM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 06, 2006 03:43PM

If possible, could you post the link? I'd be interested in reading all her responses.

Thanks!

Date: September 06, 2006 05:08PM

[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

I think it was cool that when people ask her why she doesn't eat anything cooked she just says that "she doesn't like it", you can't argue with that.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 06, 2006 08:54PM

Cool, thanks for the link, I like reading peoples' stories!

She said she's never been sick and neither have her parents.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: September 08, 2006 02:09AM

neat!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables