Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I weight 149!
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: September 04, 2006 10:51PM

I am 24 years old and raw vegan, have been since 2001. Was about 205. wemt down to 149, then back to around mid-160's.... Recently because of my lifestyle I changed my lifestyle and ate less fatty foods, and now I weight 149. Is this normal for a 24 yr old raw vegan caucasian male?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I weight 149!
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: September 04, 2006 11:20PM

And I am six foot even.

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: September 05, 2006 01:30AM

That's a little thin for 6 feet, but not bad. I'm 19, 6 feet tall and I weigh about 162 pounds. I'm trying to gain more muscle, to be around 170 pounds.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 05, 2006 01:56AM

-It's slight by SAD / American standards...but well within healthy ranges. You can always pack on some muscle (which weighs more) if you are concerned.

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 05, 2006 02:32AM

I was down to about 120 (I'm 6'3"winking smiley when I first started.

Excersise, eat enough, space out your food so you're digesting well. You'll be alright (I'm about 170 now, by the way).

I wouldn't worry. Besides, chicks dig slim fellows. winking smiley

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: September 06, 2006 06:40PM

Do not worry about what a scale says... what you feel is most important. Make sure you aren't starving yourself though.

use common sense..

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 06, 2006 09:28PM

I'm 6 foot and weigh approx 145 (haven't weighed myself in ages). The interesting thing with me is that I've always weighed around this amount, when I was a meat eater, when I went veggie, and now been raw for 4 years, my weight hasn't changed.

But def. agree with others above, it's not what the scale says, it's how do you feel?

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: nedsin ()
Date: September 06, 2006 10:31PM

How much of your weight is muscle? I have a feeling that most hard core raw foodists, are skiny, some are far because they eat too much fatty raw food, and most have (loose skin). You need more protein from other perhaps vegetarian soruces, such as beans, grains, etc. and try to keep as raw as you can.

Posted by: juve ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:50PM

nedsin

really? I dont have loose skin. and I dont subscibe to "needing more protein" from beans, grains, etc... Maybe some people would benefit more from those foods. you seem to be making grand (cooked food model) assumptions.

but thanks for adding your view!

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: September 07, 2006 03:03PM

I eat cooked grains and beans, raw cheese, etc. and I feel way better than I did when I was 100% raw vegan. Not to mention my skin is clearing up.

I still believe in the importance of a mostly raw diet, though. But 100% may not be for everyone, all the time, long term. If cooked food was really all poison the human race would have been gone long ago.

It makes it a lot easier to build strong muscle, that's for sure.

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: September 07, 2006 11:14PM

I actually am around 6' and 140-150 always. I'm not a crazy body builder and could care less about weighing a ridiculous weight, but I do golf almost every other day and walk the course frequently. I have no loose skin whatsoever (although I am 19, hehe), and a veryyyy low percentage of body fat. The only fatty foods I eat is 1 or 2 handful of nuts a day max... or avocados once every few weeks. Oh, and young coconuts. These are all less than 25% of my diet when combined.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 07, 2006 11:36PM

>Besides, chicks dig slim fellows. winking smiley

Yes, they do! At least this one does.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2006 08:32AM

Hey Arugula, are you the poster formerly known as estuary?

If so, you should definitely join my forum (and post some pictures winking smiley).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables