Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water filters
Posted by: marika ()
Date: August 08, 2006 11:47AM

what is the best water filter to buy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water filters
Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: August 08, 2006 01:41PM

i am interested in this as well....do people have a filter in the shower and in the kitchen sink???

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 08, 2006 04:13PM

I have a rainshow'r filter in my shower and a reverse osmosis in my kitchen. My ro does a few other processes to get me pure water including a ultra violet processing.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: phytoangel ()
Date: August 08, 2006 09:05PM

I've been checking out Paragon Water Filters and they seem reasonably priced and small enough to place on the counter. Most of them will filter 750 gallons before needing a filter change.

I think that I am going to buy one tomorrow when I get paid. They are having a good sale on them on their home site.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 09, 2006 12:50AM

phyto,

What kind of filter is paragon? If it's not R/O then it's not filtering the true poison in water - fluoride - which can only be killed through R/O from what I've discovered. Even distillation won't necessarily kill fluoride.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:40AM

rawmark fluoride is a chemical so it can't be 'killed'. I guess you mean filtered out.

Marika, I use an Aquasana countertop waterfilter. They claim that "No other water filter at any price, performs as well as an Aquasana water filter". I don't know if this is true but the water quality is quite good. I think that it has a little more "flavour" than the faucet attached Brita that i had because Brita just uses a carbon block but Aquasana has an additional ion exchange resin. The flavor is a kind of "mineral water" type of flavour but its VERY mild so the water is good to drink. Regarding the fluoride, when I contacted Aquasana, (by email) they told me that the water filter takes out 50% of fluoride in the water. This sounds a bit odd to me so if fluoride is a concern, you might want to contact them on your own.
Hope this helps!

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 11, 2006 09:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables