Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw/natural anaesthetic?
Posted by: bungay ()
Date: September 20, 2006 10:51AM

Oohg - I am getting a tooth extracted Friday - it's a healthy tooth, but they want it out for orthodonture - I am really dreading the pain and anxious. Anybody know of a topical anaesthetic that can be used in the mouth to nmb the area? I did a test yesterday with cayenne pepper, but it irritated more than it really numbed. I've heard echinacea and clove oil might help. Something I'm missing? Not the easiest thing to do a websearch on. (By the way, do you guys know about goodsearch.com? Every time you use it to websearch, you can give money [a penny] to charity - farm sanctuaries, no-kill shelters, veg societies. It's not the best search engine for something really tricky or serious, but for many casual things it's fine. And the pennies add up...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw/natural anaesthetic?
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 21, 2006 04:20AM

All the herbs/spices you mentioned afaIk are used as antibacterials. The only one I know of that is not dangerous is cherries. I heard that a chemical in cherries behaves like Aspirin. However it takes about 10 cherries to equal to one aspiring if memory serves correctly.
Hope this helps.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 21, 2006 04:31AM

I've never tried this and I don't expect you to do this.

I have heard that the stuff in between catail rushes that looks like aloe vera is an anesthetic of that strength.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:58AM

I have heard that hypnosis can work wonders when one is having dental work done (no firsthand experience though - sorry )

Thomas

Posted by: bungay ()
Date: September 21, 2006 05:39PM

Thank you! I thought of at least trying, with nothing to lose, to play a Pain Release subliminal tape during the process, but my experience with hypnosis and subliminal tapes (or CDs) in other contexts has been quite extravagantly dismal - evidently, I'm tremendously un-susceptible to suggestion! Weird!

But I might as well try some auto-hypnosis - "This is fun, this is fun, this is a gas." Speaking of which, I wonder if nitrous oxide is raw vegan? Ha ha.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:36PM

Kava Kava, if I remember correctly from "playing" with it years and years ago can numb your mouth, I don't remember how long it lasted, and I don't know if would powerful enough for dentist work.

Ian

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2006 03:40AM

what about acupuncture?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables