Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I want to eat squashes.
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: September 23, 2006 07:01PM

Hi Everybody! I hope you're all having a great weekend!

I should start by saying that I have never eaten any squash except zuchinni since going raw. Now the farmer's market is starting to explode with squashes of all colors and sizes. They all look so pretty and I want to eat them!!!! I bought one called delicata. Have you tried them? Do I peel it first, or just eat all of it? Do you eat other types of squashes raw? How about spaghetti squash - can you cut it and use a fork and make raw spaghetti with it? Please let me know if you eat squashes and how you go about it. Thanks!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want to eat squashes.
Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: September 23, 2006 10:09PM

I love raw winter squashes. Some of them you can just slice up into salads or eat with dips; spaghetti squash is too bland, however, in my opinon; and it doesn't just thread out into noodles like when it is cooked. With a vegetable peeler or spiralizer, however, these can be made into noodles; and in a blender with some apples or persimmons and a little bit of coconut oil or other fat they can be made into a smooth, delicous soup that is sort of reminicent of cooked winter squash.

Re: I want to eat squashes.
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: September 24, 2006 11:50PM

I eat all kinds of squashes there are many in the squash family from chayote to acorn and winter,summer I dont know if there is spring or fall squash but most are coming to the market now some need to be peeled like Wild-aleo described with a veggie peeler or spiralizer.
I add tomatoes and some basil or herbs and you could try a little lime.

Cherimoya
Love Peace and Happiness,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables