Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ambrosian Pet Preferences?
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 25, 2006 10:37PM

Does anyone have pets with raw vegan, (ambrosian, [curtesy LaVeronique]) preferences?

My dogs are crazy about raw cabbage and broccoli stalks. They just crunch them right up, and sometimes bury them for later. Also they like apple cores - one of my dogs especially. I will eat an apple, and even if my dog is not home at the time, she will know I've eaten an apple when she returns; and she'll scratch on the door until I dig the core out of the compost bucket and give it to her. Somehow she can tell when I haven't eaten an apple even though there are uneaten apples in the house.

They both also like coconuts (prefer the soft spoon meat), macadamia nuts, and avocados.

Once we had an airedale that was absolutely crazy for bananas. He would go just about nuts jumping up and down for it if there was a banana around.

Another time we adopted a wild dog who had lived in the woods. I saw her pull down the branch of a bush and scrape the leaves off with her teeth and eat them.

Anyone else have a pet with similar preferences?

-Ally

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2006 10:47PM by Ally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ambrosian Pet Preferences?
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 25, 2006 11:48PM

My dogs eat fruit and veggies too, but they also eat their dog food. My chocolate lab is bonkers for onions. She eats them like apples. My spanial eats apples, core and all.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 26, 2006 12:12AM

Luna,

Onions: Wow! That's a new one!

-Ally

(my dogs eat dog food too. thanks for saying that.)

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 26, 2006 02:20AM

strange dog! ! She'll eat whatever you put in front of her.LOLOL! ! !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables