Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouters
Posted by: naturalgirl ()
Date: September 25, 2006 12:35PM

I know this has been asked before but what is the best type of sprouter to buy? I am consitering the Easy Green but it seems a bit pricey. I have never sprouted before so I would need something that is not complicated. Thanks for any imput!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouters
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 27, 2006 03:00AM

I think you might want to try some manual sprouting first and see if it's something that you really want to get into. You might be able to get a $4 jar with a screen (NOW Foods makes one) at your local health food store. Try that first and if you really love the results then you could get one of those expensive setups.

I've known of at least one person who purchased a very elaborate sprouting set up for his basement and then stopped eating sprouts. Big waste of money!

I don't even use a screen jar anymore, just bowls with lids that I drain periodically.

I can sprout the seeds that require 5-7 days with good results only for a few months of the year. I think it's too humid the rest of the time, or I am not rinsing often enough.

But, the seeds that produce edible sprouts within 2-3 days are a lot easier year round.

Re: sprouters
Posted by: jono ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:43AM

the Easy Sprout works well for me... very easy to rinse and drain. i got mine from sproutpeople.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables