Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green tea V white tea
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 26, 2006 04:21PM

Anyone drink these teas?
I sometimes have green tea raw, made in the blender! But I haven't tried white tea. White tea is supposed to be even better for you than green tea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green tea V white tea
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 27, 2006 02:54AM

White tea has more antioxidants mainly because it isn't as highly processed as green tea. I guess you could think of it as less unraw than green tea.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

It's really great with pear juice, for some reason those tastes go great together. Although I am not much of a juice fan.

I still drink red (not really tea, though), white, and green teas. Coffee, too, which also has considerable antioxidant activity (the lighter the roast, the more activity, again, choose the less unraw ones). The calories from them are negligible (only a few per cup).

Date: September 27, 2006 07:02AM

thanks aragula. you are a wealth of information!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: September 27, 2006 12:45PM

I love white tea. I use it in my kombucha.
I love that it was supposed to have been used in the most formal tea ceremonies in China. Sounds beautiful, huh?
So I also use it in my most formal tea parties. y'know, with my teddies and dolls and stuff.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 02:21PM

As it happens I was just in Oren's Daily Roast yesterday, and read all about the different teas - here's what I learned:

Black tea - The leaves are torn or crinkled up to damage them slightly so they turn black and oxidize, then they're fired to stop the oxidation process.

Green tea - The leaves are carefully handled to prevent damage and maintain their green color, then fired quickly. Green tea is higher in anti-oxidants than black tea.

Oolong tea - A combination of black tea & green tea leaves. Oolong teas often make the most delicious teas, but creating them takes great skill and is very difficult; therefore, these tend to be the most expensive teas.

White tea - Made from very young tea leaves and buds. These are the most delicately flavored teas and also have the least caffeine. (I think they're also the closest to raw and the least processed, if I remember correctly).

Herbal teas - Not technically a tea, by definition. Herbal teas are an infusion called a tisane and come in many different varieties such as fruits and herbs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2006 02:21PM by sunshine79.

Date: September 27, 2006 08:10PM

very interesting sunshine!

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 27, 2006 10:47PM

white tea and honeydew melon are also great together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables