Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Raw Healing (update on Moses The Dobie)
Date: September 30, 2006 03:45PM

It turned out that Moses had pneomonia!!!!

We had had a few touch and go moments but I kept my faith in keeping it raw and he made it through....

I kept him on a raw diet and here's samples of what came out....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/Ava104.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/Ava119.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/Ava131.jpg

At one point he was @#$%& out pure thick stool shaped mucus for 2 weeks the colour of it went from green to white....at this time he had stopped eating and would drink very little....mucus was coming out of every hole he had.....then just out of the blue he made a full recovery and would eat/drink like there was no tomorrow.

To cut a long story short he's a new dog now, he's running and chasing squirels like he knows what he's doing.

The only negative thing for me was that he didn't get the chance to gain as much weight as I wanted him to in the time I had set but he had other issues that I wasn't aware of at the time and they took priority....

This has further enforced my commitment to staying raw and has shown me that the body will do all it can to heal itself once you give it the right material and opprtunity!

Here's Moses now

I've heard of rescues spending $1000's on getting rid of what Moses had...and to do it the raw way makes me very proud....

Moses is being adopted by a family that is going to keep up his rehab...as I need the space to help other Dobies in need!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Raw Healing (update on Moses The Dobie)
Date: September 30, 2006 03:48PM

The recovery took a shade longer than I wanted it too and he's just short of the weight I wanted him to be but I'm not gonna complain....as I've said before it's been clear that Moses is not 5 years old and is actually still a baby....well between 1-2 years.....so here's a pic of him now....this actually maybe just short of his ideal weight for his age....he's still got a little bit to gain in my opinion but at least the bones have gone....

We got a lot of junk out of him just by feeding him raw foods ( he was just filled with thick mucus) once his body started the cleansing process it simply oozed out of every hole he had...as soon as we got that out of him he made a complete turn around ...just like I knew he would....he's now running around the yard and is now alert to his surroundings instead of looking like he's in a coma...

Here he is....

This is what he was before:

This has been a very encouraging and heart warming time for me.....he's really been through hell and back and it's refreshing to see him come a live and be happy!

He loves following everyone around the house and is just a lovebug at heart....

He's making so much progress and has started playing with the other dogs too....most of the progress he'll make now will be mental....

THANKS RAWFOODS/MOTHER NATURE!!!! cool smiley

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: September 30, 2006 05:26PM

FO....

wow man... I am convinced... I ripped off a red dobbie from a guy who used to beat the @#$%& out of the dog and it had very terminal heart worms. The dog only had a few months to live and it was about 2 years old. I started feeding high quality dog food and some raw meet, which was probably bad but hey it's all I knew at the time and he got better really fast. He had to go get an arsenic treatment from the vet but that dog was an amazing creature!!!! Can't wait to get another one!!!

Thanks for all the inspiration man... I thin often about what I've read from you.

Matt

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 01, 2006 02:31PM

hey fruitarianone

i'm really happy that moses is okay now
what a relief it must be for you

i know that recently i took some things for granted til
it was not there
then i really knew what it meant to me

i guess your dog really means a lot to you
take good care of moses

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 02, 2006 03:54AM

What happened to the dog's tail? Where is it - it seems to be missing. Just a stump there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables