Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cleanse and Purify Thyself
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2006 03:00AM

Any feed back about this book?
Have you done it yourself or know someone who has?
What do you think?

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cleanse and Purify Thyself
Date: September 28, 2006 03:27AM

I bought volume 1 of the series. I also bought and used the psyllium powder, the herbal formula, and the liquid bentonite. For some reason, nothing came out of me. I thought I did everything the author instructed in the book. I would like to think that the his intestinal cleansing program does work, but I don't know...maybe I messed up somewhere. I really wish I could recommend it, but since it didn't work for me, I can't. sad smiley

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 28, 2006 03:19PM

We own these books and my husband has done the cleanses. He thought it was amazing and he sure had a lot come out of him!!! He was amazed.

Date: October 03, 2006 06:08AM

thanks kids.

anyone else? i have friends who are embarking on this cleanse and they have many questions. i always think the best source of info is from peeps who have done it themselves.
my ibs has made a reappearance and i'm thinking about a cleanse too but i have to be careful because i am already quite slim and fasting/cleansing can strip away the pounds very quickly on my frame. it leaves me boney and that's never really very nice.

Date: October 03, 2006 07:11PM

I don't know the book coco, you should join my forum and ask there. winking smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 03, 2006 08:26PM

I've done one of these cleanses when I first went raw. Most of the benefit of cleanses like this, where you use psyllium and bentonite clay to clean out your colon is from the diet you eat before and during the cleanse, assuming you can make some long term healthful changes to your diet. The herbs and the psylium & bentonite might cause your body to be a little cleaner, but that is because these items irritate the body into clearing out the irritants, and as a side effect there may be some previously residing toxins that are eliminated.

If a person on the SAD diet does this cleanse, and just returns to their old lifestyle, there is no benefit as the body just gets back into its old state. Sometimes though, a cleanse can motivate a person into permanent healthful habits, and if this is the case, then there is some benefit.

Date: October 04, 2006 03:48AM

i agree. often when a person embarks on a diet or cleanse or whatever, it's actually just the attention that gets paid to what they are putting in their mouths that has the biggest impact. all of a sudden they are conscious of what they are eating, every bite, and it makes a huge difference.
what i am wondering about in regards to this diet in particular is the supposed release of great ugly tubes of mucoid plaque. from what i gather, when a doctor performs a colonoscopy there is Never any sign of a mucoid plaque lining the colon or anywhere in the intestine. when one requires a camera in the bum things have generally progressed to a state of emergency and who would better qualify for a yucky colon? but still, no mucoid plaque. so where does it come from then? is it a result of what is ingested during the cleanse? if so, this seems dangerously misleading to me.
i met a young woman with serious digestive problems. she eats fairly well, lots of fresh, locally grown, organic, simple meals, but she can't eat raw, it's very exacerbating to her system she says. i suggested that when she Can eat raw she will know that she is on the road to recovery. but how to get there? she has faith in the cleanse. i do not.

narz, i joined when you first invited me. i just don't have a whole lot of time right now. it's harvest time here.
xo, joy.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 04, 2006 07:03AM

The pictures of the mucoid plaque that are shown from people on these cleanses are a combination of hardened psyillium and bentonite clay that formed into that dark ropey stuff found in the pictures. What appears to be mucus like plaque is just the stuff that was quaffed in the "shakes". If you take those same shakes, and pour them into a long tube (say like a bicycle tube), maybe add some coloring, you will get the same mucoid plaque after the shake has congealed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables