Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Building Muscle on Raw....Change your Thinking!
Date: October 07, 2006 02:05PM

Building Muscle on Raw....Change your Thinking!

By The Fruitarian One

One of our forum members that is not raw wrote in a post....."show me a raw vegan that isn't F1 that is not skinny!"

That kinda stung me a little bit....why?

1) Because that's pretty much how most non-raw people feel about going raw/ changing their lifestyle....the #1 excuse/reason is that "I don't wanna get skinny" or "Raw Vegans look terrible"

2) Many doubters have said that the only reason that I'm in such great shape is that I have great genetics because I'm black!!!!....and it has nothing to do with being a Fruitarian or putting in hours of hard work 5 days a week.....

Well..... let me tell anyone that says you can't build muscle on a raw diet....YOUR DEAD WRONG and you need to stop looking for ways to prove yourself right so put up or shut up.....I know...I know...that will never happen but it felt good saying it!

Nearly all of the doubters I know of aren't even working out or if they are they aren't doing it hard enough or consistantly because they don't have the drive thus don't get the results they want....they also are still stuck having a S.A.D mentality but still trying to be raw.....I know this because people like this have approached me out of desperation on the raw forums many times....

Going Raw ain't like eating cooked food....with going raw you have no where to run and no where to hide in terms of muscle growth what you gain is real and is through pushing yourself to your limits....Yeah it may take a little longer but it's all down to your own drive and determination....and that scares many people because they don't have the faith in the raw lifestyle, themselves or ability....

with cooked food the muscle gain can be manipulated via water retention, fats and general bad eating habits ie, stuffing yourself till you can't eat anymore several times a day every day of the week in the hopes of "getting your protien/calories in" not to mention the supplements that are available too.....you don't even have to train as hard because the cooked food will take care of that simply looking big by any means neccesary is enough for most people....when ever I see one of those big biker dudes with the leather and the goaties strutting around as if to say "yeah everyone thinks I'm hard because I'm tall/big/fat so you should too" I laugh to myself because yeah your a big/fat guy but if I punched you hard and ran away you ain't gonna catch me and would look pretty stupid trying because it's obvious that it's all for show....people like that don't exercise and they barely workout and it will show.....they just get over by being big/fat.....but to society that guy is huge and can whoop azz.....that's how this society thinks....

I must admit...a lot of Raw Vegans are too darn shy to post pics but I know for a fact that there are many that are in great shape....plus it all depends on the individuals goals....like if your a runner you don't want big muscles....if your a hobbiest like me you may wanna go for it and do what you can....

SO WHAT AM I SAYING?.....

Ok...lemme break it down like a fraction....I'm saying that building muscle on raw is different because your dealing with different issues which may halt/hold back your progress for a while to start with but when those issues are dealt and if the work is being put in then growth will eventually occur....

So anyone interested in going raw but doesn't wanna lose what they think they have then going raw may not be for you because at the start....OH YOU WILL LOSE....how much depends on how active you are at building/replacing old cooked muscle with new raw muscle while in transition....So I guess what this all boils down to is..... YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Building Muscle on Raw....Change your Thinking!
Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 07, 2006 04:06PM

Thank you for posting. I for one have been motivated since I ran across your site a few weeks ago.
I am just starting all raw from being cooked vegan. I have to nurse myself to a state of health and then I will be able to work hard.
I am one of those already skinny women "blessed" with not very much body. I dislike it and now of course i'm losing even more weight. But you have given me hope that i won't always look so bony!
Thanks!

Date: October 07, 2006 06:43PM

Wow those are kind and powerful words.....Thanks so much....

Your welcome to join us we have a couple of people in your situation and they are just hanhging out with us until they get right....

Yeah it real tough when you are just starting out because it's not easy to adjust back to our natural state....and for some people it's hard to be motivated to get out and get active...but it's all a part of the process of learning about your true self....don't worry...your time will come you just gotta go through your process...

TF1

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 07, 2006 09:02PM

RIGHT ON.

good to hear positive stuff on raw bodies that have meat on them. and i applaud your efforts both for yourself and others. i've seen the negative posts and have to laugh as well. even raw, if i worked out as much as some of people claim too, i'd be big. but living raw for me means less obsessing about meeting societal ideals, not trying to meet them while not living according to them.

i'm a curvy girl who wanted to change my body shape by going raw. but i will never be "blessed" with a slim figure. i have to settle for a cellulite free and leaner structure. darn.

when i stop breastfeeding i might look into the more serious body work. Thanks for the tips and the support. always a pleasure to read your posts.

Mama Cass

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 08, 2006 03:13PM

i like fruitarianone's post too
real positive
and always humble

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 09, 2006 12:11AM

and patient. Thanks!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables