Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Did anyone feel ill, when they first started eating better?
Posted by: mommy ()
Date: October 07, 2006 03:38PM

I hear it is because you are detoxin your body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did anyone feel ill, when they first started eating better?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 07, 2006 04:28PM

Yes & Yes. winking smiley

-David Mason

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 07, 2006 09:04PM

LOL! Yes.

I first began researching for myself the options from mainstream American medicine after a doctor had me on Halcion for 2 years and kept dismissing my concerns that "something's wrong" (i.e. massive memory loss, convinced I had appendicitis, not being able to sleep unless I popped an H, on and on). I finally found a doctor that gave me an oral appliance to wear at night. My severe headaches had been the result of a car wreck I was a passenger in and my jaw being knocked ever so slightly out of place. Halcion did absolutely nothing for this situation.

Once I got off Halcion, I read things like Louise Hay's "Life", Jethro Kloss' "Back to Eden" and Harvey Diamond's "Fit for Life". These books at least got me started in the right direction.

My first detox was the result of Laci Le Beau tea -- Oh my God -- I swear if I had an orifice available something was coming out! I was so horrifically sick for about 8 straight hours. I was afraid to take it again until another week and the next time was unpleasant but not horrific. From there on out it was fine.

The tea is NOT organic but keep in mind I was still early in my journey and had a lot to learn and I'm still learning.

Right now I am on day 6 of my juice fast and feel spectacular. Normally I try to maintain 80% raw.

Everytime you feel lousy as you detox, just keep in mind how much your body is needing to flush itself out. The rewards are immeasurable!

~ Raine ~

[blogspot.bannedbreed.com]

Poor is the man whose pleasure depends upon the permission of another...

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 08, 2006 12:13AM

Yes I felt ill once when just starting raw.
I dont think it was detox though.
One night I decided to make a large salad of spinach, purple cabbage, brocolli, sunflower seeds, carrots, avocado, and olive oil... and some other ingredients I cant remember. It was too much for my body to handle. I had a horrible tummy ache for atleast 10 hours. The next day I felt extremely tired, as if I'd had a major work out the day before. I think it was probably that my body wasn't ready for such a nutrient dense meal, and also I mixed too many different ingredients together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables