Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

where do I start
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2006 02:54AM

brand new to raw food, we need help and direction?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where do I start
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 05, 2006 03:19AM

Suggestion:

-Determine what level (roughly) of raw food you are comfortable with NOW (you can express this as a rough percentage of your over-all diet if you wish)....then make a plan to stretch it by 1-2% per week (or as comfortable) by increasing your intake of the fruits and vegetables that you love the MOST. Avoid stuff that you really dislike. If you are VERY uncomfortable....then you are making changes to fast. Set very small goals and keep them. If you cannot - you are making your goals too big.

-Always eat before you leave the house. Bring a snack bag with you everywhere. Never expect a restaurant to be able to cater to your needs. Support others - do not expect them to understand your dietary decisions.

-Hope this is helpful to you.

-David Mason

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 05, 2006 03:09PM

start each day with fresh fruit. and fresh vegetable juice.

make lunch a raw meal with fresh veggies and/or fruit. probably a fatty one to fill you as your body transitions (avocado) and a flavorful salad blend.

try and stay raw for dinner, but don't be horrified if you really crave cooked food. try and eat as little as possible, steamed veggies, barely hot, for instance. cut out the meats gradually, if you eat them. over time, either cut out the cooked food totally, or find a comfortable level.

i found this very comfortable, and not too terrifying. and many people can maintain it, or transition back to raw after 'backsliding'.

cut out grains first, unless you already sprout them. bread and pasta are not good. cut out rice and beans much later if you choose.

Date: October 08, 2006 02:30AM

Thanks for the info, we eat pumkin soup for dinner and it was super, still trying to plane meals, thats the tough part. thanks again

In The Begining...
Date: October 08, 2006 05:57PM

Hi All,

I am new to this site, new to Raw Foods and I am overwhelmed to say the least.
The only introduction to the raw food diet is from a visit to Hippocrates Health Institute (took a tour there yesterday) and from the Cleanse and Purify Thyself book.

I know in my heart, this is the path for me ..however, nobody (including my husband) supports it. So, here I am searching for a new support system.

I live in a suburb of Fort Lauderdale and would welcome anyone who could help me along my journey. I welcome any recommendations of books, newsletters, places, etc.

Warm regards,
Jennifer

Posted by: innerview ()
Date: October 08, 2006 06:13PM

Glamrgrl, here's a link to a newsletter that I feel is one of the best. hope you enjoy it... RawLivingFoods.typepad.com
Good luck on your journey!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 08, 2006 11:37PM

Jennifer:

-I'm from that area & head down that way often (I'm in Central Florida (Avon Park) now. There are great Whole Foods Markets there......and a support group at the Nutrition S'Mart in Pembroke Pines (off Flamingo & Pines) on Wednesdays...I think! LOL. A great book is Conscious Eating, by Gabriel Cousens. I hear that 12 Steps to Raw is also good. Try to BE a support in this healthy endeavor...not to expect it from those who might be making poorer choices! LOL.

-David Mason

Date: October 09, 2006 02:11AM

We are in the St. Louis area......
and it is a meat and taters kind of place...we just moved in January from California.
Anyway....does anyone know of any support around this area....

ps...thanks for hijacking my thread Jennifer...just kidding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables