Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Restaurants in Chicago?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:10PM

Does anyone know if there are any good raw food restaurants in Chicago? I will be there next month and would love to be able to eat at one. I did a search for this online and only found one juice bar.

Thanks!

Kim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Restaurants in Chicago?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:15PM

YES! YES! I do!

It's called Karyn's:
[www.karynraw.com]

I visited this place a couple of times when in Chicago, loved it. I think Sunday is the best day to go, because they have a buffet/dim-sum style service and you get to try most of the dishes they have to offer.

Yummmy. Have fun. I can't wait to go back to Karyn's some time.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:23PM

I ate there once. It was a week day for lunch. I had the lunch buffet. It was delicious and such a treat for me - not used to having others prepare my food!

So, I sat by the front window, watched the world go by and ate and ate and ate! My husband got tired of waiting for me to finish chewing my greens, so he left and went to the oyster bar down the street! I just kept chewing! Finally I couldn't eat anymore, so I just browsed around the shop and sat on the couch and read a book and fell asleep! I had the "after Thanksgiving" feeling. So we went out to the pier and I "walked it off". But, I think of the whole thing with a loving memoryof the day I got "drunk" on raw food!

And don't forget to buy a desert to take home!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:32PM

Wonderful! Thanks so much. I am going there with my best friend, so it will be a fun girls weekend. Maybe I can talk my friend into going to get a colonic at their spa after we eat??? Ok, that might be pushing it.

I will definitely be taking a dessert home with me! I can't wait to get "drunk" on raw foods! smiling smiley alive, your story was cute and made me giggle!

Posted by: raamen ()
Date: October 09, 2006 09:51PM

VeganCousin's Incredible Vitality
3038 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago,
Illinois (60618) (at Kedzie / Brown & Blue Line: Irving Park)
773-478-6868
Raw, Vegan, Organic, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Catering
Moderate
Mediterranean and international flavors, fresh juices, elixir drinks, desserts. Daily all-you-can-eat salad bar for around $12. Also a weekly food packages available. Accept credit cards. Open 11-2:30 and 4:30-10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables