Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I want to try a healthy juice fast. Any ideas?
Posted by: mommy ()
Date: October 10, 2006 02:54AM

I have never done a juice fast. What kind and how long should I do one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want to try a healthy juice fast. Any ideas?
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: October 10, 2006 06:22AM

I really enjoyed my first juice fast. I'd probably do it now just using fresh squeezed organic fruit juices, but the first time I did it, I used mostly bottled juices and also some herb tea. It was great.

Mainly my advice would be to stick with organic as much as possible. Also plan carefully for breaking your juice fast, because once you start eating again, you may find you have a BIG appetite!

Best wishes, -Ally

Posted by: innerview ()
Date: October 10, 2006 02:31PM

I would advise vegetable juice, not fruit. you might check out the juice fasting forum at [curezone.com]

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 10, 2006 02:36PM

I drink a lot of water daily with lime (my personal preference over lemon), green tea and usually 1-2 glasses of juice. Either carrot/celery/garlic or orange/blueberry/banana.

I'm going for 30 days and I'm now at Day 8. My tongue still has a slight whitish color to it which means my body is still detoxing but it's not as bad as it was 3-4 days ago.

I initially did this for vanity health reasons but I have been stunned by the emotional/spiritual levels that have been part of this -- I was not expecting that. I have lost 12 pounds and 9.5 inches -- all of it needed to go!

Keep up the good work!

~raine~

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 10, 2006 04:57PM

Raine- congrats! wow, that's hard, though i really like your method. savory and sweet.

Mommy-

i have done three-day juice fasts with a lot of goals in mind. the last three-day juice fast i did with a friend that wanted the slim-down and change in her diet jump-start. i'm with raine, it ended up being a spiritual and emotional purge and cleanse and a beautiful time for both of us. my husband is on day 12 of a 40 juice fast, and his tongue cleaned up on day 8/9, his body did a drastic jump weightwise around then, and he has no interest in eating.

currently he is only on fruit, so i'm busy a lot of the day mixing for him! we have pineapple (yum! and cleansing), coconut (i'm a fat biased girl), oranges, limes, ginger, grapefruit, apple, banana and pear (both which i puree, not juice), papaya and melons. he doesn't eat the latter, but i love them. for your first fast, i would probably do a mix of fruit purees and juices, with a lot of citrus juice.

if he really needs a purifying day, i do lime juice and ginger with enough honey to make it drinkable. (though he doesn't always think i've succeeded).

i think three days is easy enough on the body and a good introduction to fasting. your body can get some major cleansing done, without paralyzing you with detox.

i'll be doing a 10 day fast in 20 days or so. probably greens and fruit.

peace-

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 10, 2006 06:37PM

Since you've experienced spiritual purging as well, I'll go ahead and share this. I had a serious physical/spiritual/emotional event happen to me - it went on for about 10 minutes. I wasn't scared, it felt like my emotions were detoxing as well. It stopped as fast as it began -- literally within a moment. Afterwards I just felt dazed.

So then I was thinking, "what is happening to me?!" I did a search about the spiritual results from fasting and came upon this site that makes for interesting reading: [home.mindspring.com]

~raine~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables