Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can SAD eaters overcome allergies and other problems?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:09AM

is it possible that thru all the generations of eating cooked food, we have evolved to eat cooked foods? same thing with allergies.. say if one has an allergy at 2 years old, if that person eats tons of the allergic food all his or her life until they are 40 or 50, will they still have this allergy now?

i wonder if the human body can adapt to the cooked food, or maybe if we exercise massive amounts daily and intake thousands and thousands of calories, our bodies will filter thru the bad stuff and take what i can from the food we eat.. just a thought

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can SAD eaters overcome allergies and other problems?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:15AM

confuzed-
you should research allergies more.
the more one is exposed to a food, the MORE likely they are to have an allergy to it. in cultures where there is a staple grain for generations, there are those who are allergic to that grain.
my grandma is an example of someone allergic to foods who ate them her entire life- she is gluten-intolerant, married to a doctor, and started having severe health problems as a young adult. they diagnosed her with salt-sensitivity, and psychosis. nothing else could explain her 'strange' symptoms, and she ate normally. at 29 her entire body shut down and her internal organs quit working because of severe malabsorbtion over the years. then they figured it out. she has never been diligent about avoiding wheat, and at 74 has had 4 bypass surgeries because she has "congenitive heart failure", has had her knee replaced recently, has horrible arthritis and can barely move her hands, and can't heal from anything. her immune system is shot from fighting allergies her whole life. her body is worn out. i inherited her allergy, and i don't plan on being in the hospital as much as her the rest of my life. that's how i ended up here.

so, if the person doesn't die from severe reactions young, constant exposure to allergens will kill them later by wearing their body down. the filter breaks down.

just a thought...

Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:19AM

but did she exercise often? i trying to bring up examples about say olympic swimmers who take in up to 8000 calories a day, they are filtering thru so much food and burning like 2000-3000 calories off by swimming i wonder if your body can adapt to something like that. exercise is always the key

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:25AM

she had six kids, walked for an hour a day as long as she could (see above knee stuff) and played tennis three times a week during her youth.
she lives on the water in florida, so she swam frequently and used light weights. like i said, she's married to a doctor. he opened a women and children's hospital in florida.

she followed all the rules. the rules were wrong. exercise can actually cause allergic reactions to get much worse. if you have anaphylactic shock or arthritic swelling, exercise causes the lungs to close worse, and in the latter, causes severe damage to the delicate cartilage and cushioning tissues, sometimes causing scar build-up and therefore irreversible damage.

if you have an allergic reaction, stimulants can help temporarily, and allow the body to work through it and pass the irritant. but the response of the body is damaging to all the cells. extending that for years on end can only cause the cells to not heal correctly and weaken the body's limited healing capacity that isn't being nourished by correct food and relief from damaging substances.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:33AM

The answer to "Confuzed" question is:
No

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables