Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can cooked foods change your face? im messed up now.
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 10, 2006 06:35AM

ever since learning about this whole raw foods thing im screwed..

i first did the master cleanse for 5 days but im a teeanger so i think that was at least something than i just ate fruits for awhile all raw i felt so good it was like a natural high and when i looked in the mirror i thought i was more beautiful, but it wasn't just that, like my eyes were bigger and more open and my face just looked better...

than i kept having cravings and just succumbed but the whole reason all along has been i want to go back to raw because i like the way my face looked.. now when i wake up and all thru the day my face is puffy or something because my eyes look small and beady now and before they looked like huge i loved them im so upset how my face always changes...

im wondering if the cooked food is messing with my face or i look the same all the time i just had a better image of myself on the fruit diet?

this is horrible, its like i never know what i look like. right now i thinki look ugly because im on cooked foods but its so hard to explain, its like my face REALLY IS DIFFERENT like my eyes are smaller and more beady and my face just looks puffy...

on fruits my eyes were like huge i loved it

anyone have thoughts? i hate living like this. now im back to binging on junk food but i keep thinking "i just want to look like that again" so that is my motivation to eat the fruits but then i think "no its just my brain i look the same it doen't matter what i eat" help me please

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can cooked foods change your face? im messed up now.
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 10, 2006 07:23AM

After reading your post, I think you might be allergic to something in your cooked diet. It could be wheat, caffine, msg, refined sugar, dairy (if you do the lacto-ovo thing), I'm sure for every ingreedent you can find somebody somewhere who's allergic to it. Anyway, it might be worth watching out for food allergies, especially if you're eating prepared cooked foods. I think this could well cause the differences you've reported seeing in your face.

Do you notice and changes in your sleep patterns when you are eating mainly raw? I've noticed I sleep better when raw, a more restful sleep. Little sleep or poor sleep might also contribute to a puffy face.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: October 10, 2006 01:53PM

I know what your talking about confuzed....what you may be going through is your reaction to going back to cooked foods....infact if you you imagine if you only ate fruits then all of a sudden you eat cooked foods....well this is how you would of originaly have reacted to eating cooked food after being clean.....you haven't noticed it before because you grew up that way....

Ain't now big deal....

If you really don't like it then stay raw!

Date: October 10, 2006 04:51PM

its so messed up though guys. im not trying to keep complaining but i have really bad self image issues that sort of stems from this. its because on the cleanse, around day 4, my eyes started looking different they kinda got glazed over, but it wasn't just that my whole face just looked beautiful and it wasn't because my perspective was different, my features really were different.

then i kept up with the raw food after the cleanse and was loving everything. then i kept thinking no way my face doesn't change with what i eat and i went back to coooked foods. then i would wake up and my eyes were all beady and small and something about my face was just different and the magic was gone...

i interpreted this as either my perspective was different because i wasn't on the "high" anymore, or my face really was different, and IT WAS SERIOUSLY!!!

its so depressing waking up every morning and your faace looks differnt each time its confusing...

IM STAYING WITH RAW GOSH DARNIT LOL im sick of this i need to be strong

the ONLY thing that gets me everytime is the cravings, i just succumb everytime, any tips? thanks...

EDIT::: also, really quick, i just want to know FOR SURE, so i feel better, its TOTALLY possible for our actual faces and bone structure to change on cooked foood correct ? not like a totally different face but things DO change correct?

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 10, 2006 05:03PM

bone structure may be too set to change b/c of diet. but you can really adjust the flesh and muscles and skin hanging on it. that is really a huge thing.

i'm dreadfully allergic to wheat/rye/oats/barley/spelt/kamut and the rest. what you describe sounds like me on a cooked SAD diet. i used to notice it in my hands and face most.

start feeling your body and listening, maybe you'll find that it's not worth being uncomfortable and unattractive!

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: October 10, 2006 11:34PM

Hi confused,

What you're describing has certainly been my own experience. And I don't think it's all in our minds. For myself, I really do look a lot better on raw. No doubt about it.

If you're having trouble staying raw because of cravings for cooked food, it seems to me there are usually 2 reasons for that: #1. habit. #2. deficiency.

Most likely, the longer you work on it, the better you will be able to deal with both. Habit can be dealt with over time. In the beginning, you might try compromising. Learn to draw the line somewhere when you go off raw. The first line I drew was to stay vegan. Then, since starchy foods seemed to be the worst for me, I drew the line at sweet potatos being the starchiest cooked food I could eat. Then for a long time I drew the line at peas being the starchiest cooked food I could eat. If you do that, you may find as I did that when you do go off cooked food, the consequences are a lot less severe. And you are building your self discipline in the process. That will have a positive effect on other areas of your life besides food.

Since you're still in your teens, I feel I should warn you: If you think you've absolutely blown it by eating all the worst cooked foods in the world, please don't ever allow yourself to think you can make up for it by taking laxatives or by throwing up. It's an illusion to think you can somehow avoid the consequences of your actions. The health and emotional consequences will only be far, far worse, and you will be teaching your subconscious that self-discipline is not necessary. That kind of thinking can become habitual in all areas of your life, so be careful.

Regarding deficiency, in my opinion, MINERALS are the nutrients that you need to pay most attention to for avoiding deficiency - especially calcium and iron. If you aren't getting enough minerals, then no matter how great your willpower is, you will be craving more than what you're eating. Personally, I like eating UNhulled sesame seeds - 1/4 to 1/2 cup every single day to get lots and lots of calcium and iron. Dizzyness, spaceyness, or weakness can be an indication of iron deficiency. Leg cramps or toe cramps (often felt at night) can be an indication of calcium deficiency.

And I like eating a variety of raw foods: fruits, veggies, nuts/seed, and sprouted grains - whatever I really feel I want at the time. Whether it's due to habit or deficiency, I'm not really sure, but I know that variety really helps me stay raw. I may not be a 100% fruitarian, but hey, I'm raw - and I like that a lot.

And one more thing. Don't forget to exercise. You need both good food AND exercise to look and feel your best.

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2006 11:36PM by Ally.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 11, 2006 01:59AM

Cooked can certainly change one's face. I observed the transofrmation of my face in my first weeks of raw. I could not believe that this was possible. But it is. Also, any cooked food relapses resulted in my face changing to puffy style. I think this is very common. I observed this in all members of my family. Other sympotms include the body odour. Specifically, if I have cooked, I stink, and my husband can tell by my smell. And vice versa. One can't have a secret lol!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: October 11, 2006 02:54AM

damn that sux so bad lol..

how come all the beautiful people out there eat crap but their faces dont get puffy? its like so weird, some days my eyes are small and beady but on the diet my eyes were amazing and big! like much bigger i hope it wasnt just my mind..

Date: October 11, 2006 03:05AM

i want to talk about this more. im upset that my face swells up now. i guess it was meant to be because now i have even more reason to STAY fruitarian, and im going to stay it, but it just sucks that other people can eat cooked and not swell but i cant...

Date: October 11, 2006 03:14AM

It may just be that once you learn something you're not supposed to go back. You're supposed to go forward. And it may be too that a lot of the real payoff comes as we get older. Maybe those beautiful people who eat "crap" might look good now, but maybe they won't look or feel so good when they're 50 or more.

Maybe the toxins that cause that puffy look are just building up inside those "beautiful" people waiting to come out when the body just can't take it anymore. But if you learn to eat good when you're young, you might have the benefit of seeing what that puffy face looks like now and learning to avoid it rather than waiting to see it when you find out you have cancer or whatever.

Also, I've made the same observation as Rawgosia about body odor.

Best wishes, -Ally

Date: October 11, 2006 06:50AM

But if i could somehow find out what if the puffyness is coming from an allergy? if i rid the allergy then i wouldn't get puffy from cooked foods correct? maybe ill see an allergist lol

Date: October 11, 2006 07:04AM

can exercise get rid of the puffyness and irregularity? i dont notice any athletes with puffyness, but of course there can be many with it. do you think exercising often would rid me of the puffyness IF i had to go back to cooked foods?

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 11, 2006 06:10PM

warnings-
first off, allergists never diagnosed my food allergies. and doctors told me it was my salt consumption that made the swelling so bad. docs really hate to tell people not to eat wheat, which i'm learnig makes EVERYONE swell. it's just that it isn't until people get off of it that they really notice the difference.
second off, a lot of those "beautiful" people don't eat the same way everyone does, and they often do have some consequences, but they also know how to cleanse and fast especially before photo shoots. they don't eat a pizza and then walk over to model in front of the camera. they have consulted dieticians and are probably eating in a different way than you'd expect. though i do know a lot of young people who can do it. i think it's the youth. it wasn't until my late teens that i started swelling and feeling bad. but now i look younger than i did when i was twenty, my skin and eyes are clearer and my hair is twice as thick.
third- exercise can help sometimes. if it moves the toxins through your body faster, the results are less severe. but a pot of coffee a day can have a simiarly effective result. but it can also aggravate facial swelling as the cells expend moisture while they're retaining it. plenty of athletes look swollen. you just don't really think about it. many of them use the swollenness to appear bigger, more filled out, but it is just swelling. when i ate wheat and worked out, the swelling got worse. painful even.

but removing an allergenic food from your diet WILL reduce puffiness a bit. but not nearly as much as eating clean and raw.

Date: October 11, 2006 10:20PM

As far as exercise or food,it all kind of seems to go together. If you are eating well, your energy level will be up, making you feel more like you want to exercise. And you will ENJOY exercising more. Then, if you exercise, you will feel more positive and more reinforced for making good food choices.

Regular aerobic and/or strenous exercise without good food will surely help make you look and feel better, but IMO it takes both the good food and the exercise to enable you to reach your full health potential. I also think that many people who exercise a lot but don't eat well are much more prone to injury.

Good food without exercise is the same thing. It will certainly help and be good for you, but you will not reach your potential. For me, this has become more and more true as I'm getting older. And that's a good thing, because exercise really can be fun and add a lot to your life.

This raw food thing can be pretty hard to do especially at first, so to do it, you have to get to a place where you have a lot of faith in it. That sometimes means trying other routes, like allergy doctors, to see if there's another (maybe easier) way to get the same results. But I think you may find you'll end up with the same or similar experience that Mama Cass had.

Mama Cass, do you find you have allergic reactions to raw sprouted wheat? It seems to be OK for me, so I was curious.

Best wishes, -Ally

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 12, 2006 01:35PM

alot of so called beautiful people who eat cooked foods are anoriexic, most girls in fact, it's really hard. When i ate cooked food i ate so little and i was overweight, I would eat little portions and just feel so hungry and still was overweight.

Ok, and supermodels, definitely undereating. to have a flat stomach with ni muscle is caused by nothing in there..

another thing, some girls that are skinny keep it off from poisons like drugs and alcoholanother another thing, those good looking cooked people, don't stay beautiful for long. they age and then they just have leftover egos..

sometimes I envy someone's beauty, but I have had that beauty if its teenager or now as an adult, we all go thru beautiful stages in our lives, we all are beautiful at one point, to ourselves..

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 04:29PM

oh my god that is so funny, confuzed is the voice inside my head sometimes.

Yes confuzed, our faces really do look different. I had the same exact inner monologue and eventually just grabbed a camera & took some pics of myself then compared them to previous, cooked food pics.

LOL

Date: October 13, 2006 04:35PM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, any cooked food relapses resulted
> in my face changing to puffy style.
>

"puffy style" haha

Date: October 13, 2006 05:06PM

Also, confuzed, those beautiful people - they may not eat as crappy as you think - alot of girls do eat alot of raw fruits and vegetables. I was eating a raw food diet on and off here and there before I even knew that such a thing existed - I just observed that I felt best when I ate mostly raw fruits and vegetables. My mom's been probably 70% fruitarian for 30 years and she never heard of the raw diet. My friend who is a stripper eats mostly salads and is extremely picky. Alot of girls are very picky and eat calorie-restricted diets. If you don't eat alot, you can go longer on cooked food before the toxins start to affect you.

And living in NYC where people do eat healthier (in Manhattan anyway) and are slimmer as a result, you notice that people from other parts of the country often look puffy and bloated.

And don't forget that people's mothers' toxicity also contributes to their offsprings' healthiness - and thus, beauty.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2006 05:29PM

Hey confused, don't worry about complaining, that's what this place is for.

Date: October 14, 2006 02:22AM

I don't know if cooked foods changes your face, but eating raw foods seems to have changed mine. At least if I'm to believe some comments that a co-work made today on how my facial structure appears to have changed over the last year (since going all raw).

Ian.

Date: October 20, 2006 04:44AM

uggg this is driving me insane. ive been back to cooked foods for the past few days and my face is unrecognizable anymore just like last time but worse. i look so different.. this is depressing..

this time i bought a camera and i took some pictures of me today with the bloated face, im going back to raw fruitarian so in a few days im going to take more pics and find out once and for all if this really is true!!?!?!?!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2006 04:45AM by confuzed.

Date: October 20, 2006 09:56AM

Hey confuzed,

I'd love to see the before and after pics. Stick with the raw food for a week or two and take some pictures, I bet there is a hell of a difference. winking smiley

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: October 20, 2006 04:56PM

im re-reading my post and its not so extreme as i look like a different person, but i can almost SWEAR to you my face is MORE PUFFY and fat, my eyes look smaller and back to their dull self... im so depressed again...

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables