Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fresh durian importer in LA?
Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 27, 2006 04:34PM

Hello,
A while back I read about some people who were importing fresh, raw durian and shipping it around the U.S., apparently removed from its shell, packaged and refrigerated. I haven't heard anything about them lately. Does anyone know if they're still in business? Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fresh durian importer in LA?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 27, 2006 04:58PM

I heard that the Pure Food Netword, who used to do retail durian and tropical fruit sales, got out of the retail business and now sells their products to other retailers, like Whole Foods in southern California. When I was in Long Beach in August this year, I talked with somebody who had just bought some fresh durian from the Whole Foods Market in Redondo Beach.

Date: October 28, 2006 12:39AM

Thanks, Bryan. I've talked to the local Whole Foods and they didn't even know what I was talking about. I don't think Pure Food Network were the ones who were advertising durian, at least not the ones I'm thinking of. It was a year or two ago and they were publicizing their business by hosting these durian tasting parties in the LA area. Ring any bells?

Btw, where exactly are you located? I'm planning a road trip to the Santa Rosa/Sacramento area in November to pick persimmons. It would be nice to connect!
Thanks again,
Nora

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:22AM

I saw some of their durian at "Euphoria Loves Rawvolution" in Santa Monica.

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: October 28, 2006 12:46PM

Hi, Nora!

Perhaps you are referring to the people at genefit nutrition dot com.

Hope this helps. . .

Love,
Julie

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2006 09:10AM

The store [www.uwajimaya.com] in Portland had fresh durians last year. They were too expensive for me.

I was going to order durian from genefit nutrition last year but that was also way too expensive.

Date: October 29, 2006 03:48PM

Thanks Julie and Mike,
I checked the Genefit site and there is no mention of durian, not even of any products besides their book. The Uwajimayas in Seattle & Bellevue have fresh durian too on rare occasions, usually at $6.99/lb. The last time I bought from them I actually ordered a whole case (4 fruit) and only two of them were edible. At that rate, it's cheaper for me to go to Canada! smiling smiley The ones I get up there are cheap ($3.99/lb Canadian) and consistently delicious.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables