Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw, IBS and Colonics
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 28, 2006 05:30PM

Hi there!!!
First of all i am new to this site and i just have to say how awesome it is to see so many other people following the raw lifestyle and the support you offer is amazing. I am not new to the raw lifestyle...growing up about 75%..i just thought it was heathly, i never knew there was a name for it. Last year i developed intense IBS and slowly started eliminating food groups and adding more raw into my life...unfortunatly that didn't seem to help, and i was forced to go on a twice daily, very expensive drug just to function. That being said i don't believe in unnecessary drugs and while they may be making my stomach feel better i know they are distroying another part of my system. Two weeks ago i decided that enough is enough and i needed to make that next step in my eating habits turning my diet into about 95+ plus raw with two or three cooked grains (usually quinoa)a week. So far i feel amazing!!! I have yet to take myself off the pills..but am hoping to do that in the near future. I know alot of ppl turn to raw when suffering from IBS. Anyone have any suggestions on things to eat?? ways to calm bloating?? ease stomach cramps?? I have heard of ppl doing regular colonics to help with IBS as well. Has anyone tried this?? Is it good for IBS?? If not for IBS would you recomend it just for over all well being??

Thanks so much!!

abby

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw, IBS and Colonics
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 28, 2006 09:06PM

I really healed (or nature did) my IBS. Just eat simpler, with more fruits and vegetables.....less food mixing....and less (or no cooked foods). Avoid irritating spices or prepared foods.

-Sounds like you're doing the right stuff! Power and success to you!

-David Mason

Posted by: cherie ()
Date: October 29, 2006 09:31AM

i notice i get bloated when i mix fruits and vegetables, but mixing fruit with greens goes ok. i actually find vegetables difficult to digest in general, but i really love my vegetable juices smiling smiley i am trying to get into the routine of juices vegetables every morning - in the past i have found that very helpful. i am curious to hear what your typical meals consist of.

take care smiling smiley

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 29, 2006 10:21AM

I can recommend David Kleins book "Self Healing Colitis & Chron's". Buy it at amazon or at his own homepage.

GL to you!

Date: October 29, 2006 05:07PM

cherie, i also find that mixing fruits and veggies leaves me not feeling as good, i actually find that mixing anything leaves me upset, i try and mono eat as much as possible with the excepting of the occasional salad, for some reason veggies and greens seem to be okay. I also got some advice to only eat fruit in the morning, so for the first half of the day is the only time i eat fruit. Have you heard this as well??what are your thoughts on it?? I find i get so much advice its hard to know what to believe, i guess you just have to trust your body!
i took a look at the book and it looks like just what i need!!! thanks for the recommendation!!!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 29, 2006 05:56PM

np dear friend!

Date: October 30, 2006 08:25PM

Abby

I rcently discovered the name to a lifelng and chronic problem, Interstitial Cystitus, which meant the constant and frequent need to urinate: this often occurs with IBS. I discovered a site that is really good, called EVENBETTERNOW.COM

Both issues can be traced back to a leaky gut/bowel, and to heal the problem we have to heal the intestinal lining - CANDIDA is often associated with this problem because the fungus eats through the intestinal wall.

The people at the above mentionned site are very knowledgable and have some good products to help you heal. I have done colonics/enemas for many years and they are very helpful with this issue.

Good luck

Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables