Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Leaf
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 30, 2006 11:54PM

I have toyed with veganism before and had one very good experience of two month's duration, during which time I changed my life and improved my health dramatically. . . . Then one day I picked up a piece of pizza, and I have been a junkfood addict ever since!

So today I am making another attempt to get back to the vegan lifestyle that I know to be so healthy for my body, mind and soul. I'd simply like to say. . . "Help"! For some reason this lifestyle seems to be very, very difficult for me to maintain.

I am 63 years old, and I believe that this may be close to my last chance to prevent chronic, degenerative diseases with a healthy lifestyle change, as I am beginning to feel the first nip of the wringer, so to speak, as far as waning health.

To complicate the problem, I have retired to the Republic of the Philippines (RP), where there are, surprisingly few fruits and vegetables! You would think that they would grow wild in this climate, but the problem is the Philippine value system, as well as distribution system. Filipinos would apparently rather eat junk than fruits and veggies, and they don't have the expertise to farm, harvest and distribute anything but rice, apparently.

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Leaf
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 31, 2006 12:31AM

ron

drink a lot of greens
that will make your blood
crave more greens
and you'll turn it around

as far as the phillipines goes
you don't have to be surrounded panoramically
with fruits and veggies
just find ONE place that has them

and go there

or grow your own

or mail order them

or move

u have a lot of choices

don't let the environment rule you

take inventory of your priorities

and find a way to navigate

GO GO GO... RON!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 31, 2006 12:57AM

So what is the problem, you are retired, you have the time and you can get cheap land to do your own farming.
You could be a good example of what organic farming can be.

Posted by: jan ()
Date: October 31, 2006 01:03AM

Do what you can to find any greens! Keep in touch with us and we'll take this journey together!
Blessings
Jan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables