Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw time saving tips
Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:14PM

As I am quite new to raw eating, please share with me any useful time saving tips that you might have. I'm sure you have some.

For example, when I buy organic veg from Organic farm shop (instead of supermarkets), the veg eg carrots is totally caked in clay type soil. As I eat a lot of veg, there must be easier ways of getting the soil off rather than spending ages scrubbing it.

Also when buying leafy greens from the farm (rather than supermarket) they are literally full of crawling wildlife (and not just soil). I prefer to get stuff from the organic farms, so do you have any tips to speed up the washing process. (With so much clay soil and crawling insects on it, personally I do feel to wash it and with so much stuff on it - it takes too long).

Any other time-saving tips:
to clean equipment faster eg Green Star juicer?

Would really appreciate your kind help.
Thanks,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw time saving tips
Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 26, 2006 03:03AM

Dr. Doug Graham, a hygiene instructor/fitness trainer, has a recipe book out called the High Energy Diet Recipe Guide or something close. He's all about meals that: Have 5 or less ingredients, take 5 or less minutes to prepare, and cost $5 or less. There's some good stuff in there!

Love,
Uma

Re: Raw time saving tips
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 09:33AM

I've found that sprouts save time.

food processors or homogenizers are good for saving time, too. You can put all kinds of random ingredients in a food processor, add a little bit of oil/water, and have a yummie dip for other veggies.

I have an omega 8003, and i find it to be an excellent time saver. I can make juice, or pate, butter, ect, and it's so easy to clean. Just drop whatever into the little shoot, and magic comes out. mmm... magic is yummie. =)

my grama used to make tabuleh with this mini food processor she had. she just put all the ingredients inside, and pressed the button, and it was done super fast. everything was all chopped up in seconds. You can probably do this for a yummie salad, too. =)

this is my mom's method of washing veggies:

put a strainer inside a bigger bowl, fill bowl with water and veggies inside strainer.

let sit while preparing other things (idk chopping onions or feeding fishies, or whatever else you must do on your break)

remove strainer, wrinse veggies.

i saw her do this when i went to costa rica with her to visit family. all the veggies were from farmers markets and stuff. =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables