Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Quantum Eating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:43AM

What is facinating is how space pioneers/explorers, governments and privetely funded companies globally, are looking into ways to create sustainable low calorie diets. This diet seems ideal for long trips into space.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 16, 2008 04:04AM

I dry fasted about 36 hours yesterday and today, and it was great! (So easy, compared to water fasting) I could have easily continued, but my husband and I had to be outdoors in the cold for a stretch this evening, and I decided to have some cantalaupe juice and then dry fast again.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 16, 2008 05:03AM

kwan

thats very fascinating
did you have any thirst?
any detox?

fruitgirl

Date: October 16, 2008 04:39PM

fruitgirl--

No, surprisingly i wasn't thirsty at all. After awhile my mouth felt a little dry, but it wasn't unpleasantly so. I continued to feel energized, and after a few hours i started feeling really calm and centered, and a little euphoric. My skin (facial) looked noticeably better the second day. I didn't notice any overt detox symptoms, probably because I didn't fast very long.

I'm starting up again this afternoon and will try to do it a little longer.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 16, 2008 05:15PM

sharrhan:

36 hrs is hecka long!

please keep us posted how this next dry fast dance goes

im so intrigued even though somehow for the first time in years
i resumed drinking alot of water

my skin is drier than old leather

fruitgirl

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 16, 2008 05:23PM

I support everyone doing raw in their own way. My way is to be super hydrated. I eat lots of high water content foods and drink lots of pure water. ;-)

Date: October 16, 2008 11:53PM

EZ--
Me too, usually. When I dry fast, I dry fast, but when I'm eating raw, I'm getting lots of extremely high water content smoothies, juice and fruit, and occasionally some vegetables.

BTW, one of the reasons I practice dry fasting (other than the ease and comfort) is that 1 day of dry fasting = 3 days of water fasting in terms of the strenghth of dexofication involved, according to most of the literature I've read. And my own experience seems to support this idea.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 16, 2008 11:55PM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I support everyone doing raw in their own way. My
> way is to be super hydrated. I eat lots of high
> water content foods and drink lots of pure water.
I'm with you, Brother EZ. I super hydrated myself
today (with Water) and worked for an hour in my Exercise Room.
I can close it off from the Air Conditioning, and it sometimes
gets over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in there. It was only 92 today,
and my T-shirt was completely soaked after the hour, but it felt Good.
I don't know why Quantum Eating doesn't allow drinking Water. I
wish someone would explain it......WY

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2008 01:55PM

I think I understand why Water isn't allowed
in Quantum Eating. Does anyone else have a Theory?......WY

Date: October 17, 2008 02:14PM

WY--

With dry fasting, it's recommended to avoid a lot of sun; I assume that would mean a heated environment, as well. And the type of exercise that's recommended is light exercise like light aerobics or swimming.

The theory behind it-- hmmm, let's see if I can remember what Tonya said. I think she feels that dry fasting works so well because when you fast without drinking water, the toxin-laden water in your cells gets eliminated very quickly, so you achieve a deeper level of detoxification.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 17, 2008 04:26PM

What Tanya explains about dry fasting is to get the cells that are full of toxic fluids moveing and recirculateing in our bodies. Just like what kwan says here. Quantum eating is for rejuvinateing the body and liveing longer. The fasting part slows down the metabolisim. We don't want to speed up the metabolisim if we want to live longer right?

I think it is a challenging and intrigueing thought to abstain from water for a time when everybody is saying to hydrate your body. Now Tanya eats foods that are full of liveing water. She also does Bikram yoga and says she eats 1/2 of a watermellon after working out.

When I started out, eating raw last summer I found myself drinking a lot of water because I thought that was necessary, I also ended up going to the bathroom constantly and also several times throughout the night which disturbed my sleap.

When eating cooked foods I am constantly thirsty and feel I really need to drink the water. I noticed my urin was real yellow and oderiforis but when attempting the dry fasting my urin was not dark yellow but more clear and not as smelly.

Overall while experimenting with dry fasting I did feel good and my energy level was up. I still am working on things and have back slid on my health endevors lately.

For some reason I feel better when fasting than when eating. I kind of wish I could just do away from eating all together because I find it harder to eat because I feel more tempted to eat my familys foods.

Date: October 17, 2008 05:52PM

fruitgirl--

>please keep us posted how this next dry fast dance goes<

I just did another 24 hour dry fast (stopped 'cause I've gotta go out and work a 5 hour sound monitor shift outdoors tonight, and it's cold!) and the main detox effect was a slightly white tongue, some weight loss and a little weakness. It's not a debilitating kind of weakness, though, just the type where you'd rather take a walk for an hour or do light aerobics than do a heavy workout. I broke the fast with citrus lemonade-- no thirst-- and I'm not hungry, although I'll eat before I go out to work, because I do seem to always get plenty hungry when I'm cold and working outside. It's the only liability of my job.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: annex ()
Date: October 17, 2008 07:37PM

I was also worried about the whole not water thing. But then I looked up how much water we are "supposed" to have... keeping in mind that I just use these things as guidelines. Most people recommend taking in 2 liters of water and say that normally you can only get about 20% of that through food. I get (according to fitday) over that everyday in just my food alone though. I stopped drinking water as an experiment... and i don't think i am particularly dehydrated, but i think i will need some extra water, just not the 1.5 liter I was trying to guzzle down each day.... we'll see how it goes.

Date: October 18, 2008 04:44PM

The requirements for water recommended by the U.S. medical establishment are geared toward people eating the SAD. A good raw diet has very high water content and hardly requires any additional water at all. I think Tonya Zavasta said she doesn't drink water any more. But anyone eating a partial raw diet would no doubt require a certain amount of water.

I have noticed in the past that when I slipped up and ate something cooked I would experience thirst and had to drink water. But with my present raw diet I never get thirsty or feel the need for a glass of water.

I think the key is juicy fruits.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables