Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Miracles
Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: November 14, 2006 03:58PM

Have any of you had any raw food miracles (other than losing weight)?

I'm talking about stuff like grey hair going back to its natural colour, eyes turing a differnt colour, teeth regrowing / regenerating etc.

If so, I would be fascinated to hear more.

John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Miracles
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: November 15, 2006 08:08AM

Who came up with the "eyes changing color" thing? I came across a mention on another site but to me it sounded impossible and possibly a scam.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2006 08:10AM by VeganLife.

Date: November 15, 2006 03:40PM

Hi VeganLife,

Yes, I've read about it (cannot remember where) and was very curious ... one of the reasons that it would be really interesting to find out whether this has happened to any of you ...????

I've read about teeth regeneration in the 'Raw Family' book by Boutenkos. As well as in some of the books by Prof Hilton Hotema.

So have any of you had any raw food miracles ... because I find that really fascinating and would like to know if any kind of miracles are happening to any of you?

John

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 15, 2006 04:05PM

The book for raw food miracles is "Survival into the 21st Century" by Victoras Kulvinskas. People with three sets of teeth, living to be several hundred years old, etc, etc. All unverifiable, but an interesting read non the less!

The bigest 'miracle' for me is that I no-longer get sunburn without using any kind of sun screen and I used to get sunburnt pretty badly.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 16, 2006 01:28AM

I don't consider that to be a miracle but good sense. There have been a number of studies showing that the minimal erythemal dose (minimal amount of UV exposure required to produce visible reddening) can be increased by several factors through protective orals (vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, various carotenoids, fish oils, ferulic and other phenolic acids, etc.).

I estimate that one of the better raw diets would raise the MED by a factor of 4 or more, i.e. provide SPF of about 4, which would make a big difference in areas of low insolation such as Northern Europe.

But it can probably be raised with deliberation to provide protection even in areas in high insolation closer to the equator, where long term raw foodists who are not African-American or Asian still look like prunes when they get older. For Caucasians who deliberately expose themselves, factor 4 helps, but factor 30 or more is required to stay sag- and wrinkle-free.

If you put them all together, you might get something much higher the protection factor 4, for example,

-taking in 10 g of alpha linolenic acid from flax and no more than 20 g of linoleic acid from other fat sources to get maximum production of EPA (which protects the skin by producing an oxidizable buffer

-emphasizing foods rich in ferulic acid

-very high intakes of vitamin C and E (a snap for fruit and avocado lovers)

-very high intakes of the purple-blue anthocyanadins (certain berries, etc.)

-very high intakes of carotenoids of all colors (carotenes, lycopene, lutein, *zanthins, etc.)

-high but not excessive dose of selenium

Put these things all together and you can be a force to be reckoned with, and when you get older people will wonder why you didn't age. Many people who take very good care of their insides neglect their outsides and they still look old when they get old. But it doesn't have to be that way.

If I go back to school it will be my thesis to design and quantify the protection conferred by this optimally skin-protective diet not only for UVB protection but also UVA, which is what makes white people so saggy when they get older and also accounts for pigmentation problems that are commonly seen in the darker skin types.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 16, 2006 03:03AM

I've had things heal that typically don't heal in people my age. I was very allergic to cats before I went raw. Even if a cat was no longer in the room, the dander from a cat that had been previously in the space would turn my eyes and face bright red, and I would have a runny nose.

Also, my hay fever went away. Both the cat allergy and the hay fever are not known to be curable conditions.

I am amazed at how fast my cuts heal nowadays. Sometimes there is only a drop of blood, and the cut starts to heal. Even with a sharp knife cut. In the past, these kinds of cuts would bleed for hours, and reopen all the time. One time I was trying to extract some blood for a dark field microscopy, and the blood would clot before we could get the blood onto the slide.

I am also amazed at my capacity to be comfortable in a hot tropical sun. I would be walking on the beach in Thailand on a hot and humid day, and people all around me would be sweating and guzzling water, and I wouldn't need to drink anything and feel fine.

I used to get at least 4 colds a year, and sometimes they would last up to 6 weeks. If I get a cold nowadays, it often only lasts for a hour or so. And some years I don't get any colds.

I used to get migraine headaches, the kind that the only way to get rid of them was to sleep until the effect wore off. Since raw, those headaches are gone.

I used to get periodic warts on my hands. They would come, last a few weeks, and then be gone. That doesn't happen any more.

I used to have some psoriasis that just went away.

On my SAD diet, I wasn't that healthy. Its funny because back then, I thought I was pretty healthy. Its funny how my perspective has changed.

Nowadays, all the chronic stuff is gone. The kind of healing I am now pursuing has to do with removing the contractions in my body with yoga. My hips and lower back were so contracted from sitting in chairs and working in an office job. Its only now, after 6 years of yoga, that the contraction in my lower back and hips are starting to let go. I want to be a limber as a newborn baby. It's amazing how soft/uncontracted/flexible infants are in their muscles, and I can see that my body is returning back to that innocent state.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 16, 2006 04:00AM

Where do I beging GUYS.. the raw food thing was great for like 6 months after, then when I went fruitarian it was like bam, I was totally doing what I was meant to do. I was a lightning bolt.

I would say the miracle that now I am the perfect girl ..in my head of course, I used to always be down on myself and had all these preoccupations and insecurites..I feel awesome now, and confident.

Raw food is beautiful, it is, and everyone is different..

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: November 16, 2006 06:44AM

Even on like 50-75% raw I have eliminated allergies from my life. My nose would constantly run at my cottage, now, not even a sniffle!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: November 16, 2006 08:20AM

Yes, though it is personal stuff you all don't want to know... ok, I'm no longer constipated.

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: November 16, 2006 04:24PM

Hi there, Bryan!

I love what you wrote about becoming as limber as a newborn baby.

I share that belief/desire/wish/goal. And it is really happening! I have never felt so light and limber as now and I know it will only get even better.

It's a magical miracle!

: )

Love,
Julie

Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 16, 2006 07:48PM

after going raw, my chronic heartburn dissapeard, and I haven't caught a cold in 5 years! i think the extra immunity is both from raw foods, and the olive leaf extract i take every few days.

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: November 22, 2006 12:51AM

The premature ventricular contractions (the heart beating early) are just about gone.

Psoriasis is gone.

Hair darkening.

Blood pressure has dropped.

Heart rate has decreased.

Anxiety has diminished.

Sleep is deeper.

I don't sleep as much.

Attention is at a greater focus.

Sex is, well... WAY better winking smiley.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: November 22, 2006 04:01AM

No need to continue using the glove compartment in my car as a mini pharmacy with antacids, antihistamines, tylenol, etc.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2006 01:43PM

I have noticed that nervousness and skin rashes have departed since going live. Sleep is more fulfilling and without frequent wakeups during the night. I am able now to deal with stress better like from midterms and final exams.

Timot,

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: November 22, 2006 03:10PM

Anxiety & mild depression gone

No more afternoon tiredness

Better listener

More energetic & enthusiastic

No more brain fog

Upper-body bloated look is gone

Smaller waist

Smaller nose

The collagen on my upper cheeks is back where it should be

I'm sure there's alot more...

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: November 23, 2006 07:25PM

I healed from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, chronic bladder infections, hormonal imbalances, irritable bowel syndrome, dandruff, dry skin, possibly skin cancer (a suspicious looking skin growth stopped growing and fell off). I consider all that to be pretty miraculous! :-)

Blessings,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 25, 2006 07:13AM

I had a root canal tooth , in the back, from cooked food, and it was dead and what do you call it, bonded or something, so basically it was dead in my mouth. Who knows what anarobic bacteria was inside it..It fell out when I went raw fruitarian and all of a sudden!.. my wisdom teeth came in , it pushed in...and its almost gone the space. So now all my teeth are living and really nice.Also I had a ominous dark black cavity behind my front tooth and on raw fruitarian it disappeared, it is gone now.!

I have found a hairon myhead, I pulled i t out last year , half white and half brown and it was the side I pulled it fromthat was brown!!! yes!!

TrUE

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 26, 2006 03:45PM

About 8 years ago I had a middle ear infection and a doc prescibed a daily dose of Claritin. It was the first time ever that my allergies were not driving me crazy. After almost a year the Claritin quit working and I completely lost my sense of smell. It was a little depressing and I knew the Claritan had caused it. After years went by I began to think it would never come back. After about three weeks raw it came back!! I seem to be able to smell things better than the rest of the family. I had forgotten what my horse smelled like and rain and so many other things you seem to take for granted when you haven't ever lost it. I have had so many changes after going raw and they all are small miracles because of the way my life is changed by them but my smell coming back feels like such a gift.

Date: November 27, 2006 04:13PM

Thank you all so much for sharing your raw food miracles. Very interesting stuff.

John

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: November 27, 2006 05:35PM

i certainly feel happier(i think this is a common effect) but how did you all diminish your anxiety?

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 27, 2006 06:24PM

I healed my Morbus Chron's, an chronic disease with inflammation in the intestines, often with the outcome to make acute removal of the larger intestines.

Today... well, how do I put it... I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!

The day I decided I wanted to be whole again, from years of unhappiness, not-knowing-what-to-do, extreme abdominal pain, anger etc the world like: "Oh, yeah! You really are a good fella! I give you all the things you want.. "

So today I have a Living Food Course Facility with courses and treatments with the raw food. A beautiful wife with an coming child (a raw child, think about that).

Take good care!
// Jacob & Katrin
www.levandefoda.se

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2006 06:43PM

Very interesting Healthybun, how did you do it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables