Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

getting desperate, need help transitioning
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2006 12:50PM

Hi,
I've been trying to go raw for a while, but i really struggle at planning out how to do it. I want to take it fairly slow.

I currently eat a bowl of fruit for breakfast. (usually pear, apple, peach). Should i alter this to mono?

Would like to move onto a raw lunch (ie salad). Can you give me some pointers, I dont like fancy recipes need to keep it as simple as possible.

Also, do you recommend having several meals planned and rotate them? do some poeple have the same kind of thing each day?

All transitioning help would be appreciated.
Like i said, fairly desperate lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: getting desperate, need help transitioning
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 26, 2006 01:23PM

I don't know about every one else, but I eat pretty much the same sorts of things every day. Breakfast is usually a fruit salad of mango, pineapple,tangerine slices and dices fresh pear sprinkled the night before with either stiva or sugar in the raw(use very little of that, though). For lunch, lettuce wraps with green pepper, avacado, sliced onion, mushrooms and drizzle that with lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs. Dinner is usually a small salad. I can't handle large meals at night.

Date: June 26, 2006 01:46PM

If you wanna keep it simple then why don't you just eat your favourite fruits!!! as much as you like.... when you like....

It may help to start asking yourself what rawfoods you want to eat and start eating it.

regards

F1

Date: June 26, 2006 02:28PM

thanks for the replies so far, though im not too good on sugary fruit. I think i need to stick to at least some salads.

Date: June 26, 2006 05:58PM

Sorry for the double post, but how does this sound for working towards:

First thing (cant each much when I first get up but need energy): Fresh orange juice

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit (apple, peach, pear, will vary it a bit by including some strawberries or cherries.)

Lunch: Salad

Mid afternoon: Piece of juicy fruit like mango.

Dinner: Salad

For the salads, if i build up a list of ingredients then just add what i want in. Mainly leaves and cucumbers, tomatoes, plus nuts, occasional avocado, olive/hemp/flax oil for dressing.

Also, do I need to worry about vitamin/mineral supplements and such yet?

Date: June 26, 2006 08:27PM

good sounding start! I think you'll do great with this!

Date: June 27, 2006 08:23AM

First problem! I had orange juice first this morning, made me feel a bit funny (less concentration, energy). Could this be the high sugar? Should I continue to see if i get the same tomorrow? Suggestions for an alkaline way to start the day?

Date: June 27, 2006 02:50PM

try eating the whole orange instead of just the juice. Is that all you had for breakfast? Your body may need more than that after 8 or more hours of not eating. try adding some sliced apple, grapes and maybe a couple kiwi. High energy foods and a little fiber in the mix.

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 27, 2006 05:04PM

I agree with Luna on that -- some orange juice may not be enough, especially if you are still transitioning. I do fruit smoothies with a lot of different fruits to give me the boost I need without a pure sugar rush. Your planned menu sounds great, similar to my every day.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 28, 2006 06:47PM

reno2k2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks for the replies so far, though im not too
> good on sugary fruit. I think i need to stick to
> at least some salads.

You sound like me, fruit does nothing for me (except it's good for energy after a jog). Some ppl eat all fruit, I don't know how.

Take a walk through the produce section and pick up things that look delicious to you - my personal faves are the salad mixes, orange bell peppers, cucumbers, squash, and avocados (the non-sugary fruits).

I wrap avocado slices, sprouts, and salad dressing in untoasted nori wraps for dinner.

Or add seaweeds onto a baby field greens salad with Asian sesame-ginger dressing and lemon juice.

Or make your own fresh guacamole: avocado, Spanish (white) onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno peppers. Yum!

Date: June 28, 2006 06:57PM

I think it's fun to try different mixes too. I love to fix things in the kitchen. My kids who used to complain about the foods I eat, are now my tase testers. Go figure?

Date: June 28, 2006 07:00PM

Sounds like the fruit juice is accelerating your detox....if that's not what you desire then eating heavier raw foods such as avocado, bananas or vegetables will slow it down or stop it.

But it sounds like your pretty close to starting your detox.

I would advis you do extensive research on detoxification symptoms so you can prepare yourself...

regards

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2006 07:02PM by The Fruitarian One.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables