Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how long to adjust or heal?
Posted by: teapata ()
Date: December 05, 2006 10:50PM

Hi,
I read the thread about 'miracles' and like ther rest of you have read about people being cured of all sorts of things on a rawvegan diet. On the threads i read on this list people didn't mention how long this took them. I have Lyme disease and have read of very few people being cured of lyme with raw foods. those that have said that it took, 3 months, four months, six months and a year.
Also, i was curious about you "healthy" people. those who may have just lost weight and detoxed and such through the diet. How long did this take you? For instance, in Shazzie's journal, she stops summarizing her imporovements each month after 4 months. how long did either healing or detoxing/adjunsting take you??????? I realize this will all take me longer because of my situation, but i'm curious
thanks
Leila

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how long to adjust or heal?
Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 05, 2006 11:46PM

Your body will heal when it is ready to heal as long as you provide what it needs. Raw foods can help you do this more quickly than any medical/phamacuticals can.

I believe it is critical for you to find out about the proper PH balance of the body. Organisms that hurt our body cannot live AT ALL in properly balanced body fluids.

Educate yourself on raw foods and also how to balance your PH.

Date: December 06, 2006 12:07AM

thanks. yes i check my ph...of course i'm often still acid. i havent been raw long. i was just curious after reading a long thread of healing stories, how long they all took. i wonder how many give up first. for instance, if someone out there with lyme (OR CFS or fibromyalgia) said it took 2 years but they got better, that'd be an incentive to keep on and on. so far i've heard success stories within a year or super wimpy i tried it for a little while, didn't work, stories. i wonder if some people plug on and on and never get well, that's true with every single other lyme treatment existing. for instance.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 06, 2006 06:31AM

Right away I was cured, of everything...too personal but I was really bad off before that.

Date: December 06, 2006 04:49PM

I had anther thought about this. You may FEEL better fairly quickly on raw foods, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are healed of Lyme disease. The actually healing could take longer. Also, you may only feel great temporarily, or in spurts, as your body may go through several "healing crisis" processes.

Dont give up if you don't feel perfect from "this day forward"!!!!! Lyme disease is a complex manifestation of microforms that love over-acidic body fluids! Just persevere in trying to maintain a proper PH balance in your body tissues. Hang in there for the LONG HAUL so we can have another miracle posted here on the board.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 06, 2006 07:38PM

Opinion:

-Think less about how long it will take to heal....and more about how YOU can maximize your healing opportunities today. To answer your question practically: 6 months for most of the effect to kick in. Several years to transition and change fully. Just my experiences / opinions.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 07, 2006 12:48AM

If you go to Hippocrates in Florida, you could heal in one to three weeks.

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: December 07, 2006 09:29PM

That depends on a few factors other than raw - at least it did for me. No dental metals. Parasite cleansing and fasting. My experience is not anything like those people who feel better in a jiffy. One year after removing all my mercury fillings, NOW I feel great.

Provided you have no dental metals and you don't take any worthless vitamins, get vaccinations or take prescription medicine you will feel remarkably better once the worst of the detox is over. Although, detox continues forever. :]

I had all the symptoms of fibromyalgia except I didn't go to a doctor for a diagnosis because they are freaking idiots. It is worth it. There is no going back really once you experience TRUE HEALTH. This is not like other cures for Lyme disease, this is the path to true health and real living.

Good luck

p.s. I have heard it can take very sick people a couple of years to truly recover. The body will heal given the proper condidions. Persevere my friend. Consider Olive leaf capsules for immune system help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2006 09:31PM by Little Bug.

Posted by: jan ()
Date: December 07, 2006 10:09PM

Where do you buy the strips and what are they called to check the acid in your body.
Would the Vitamin Shoppe sell something like that?
Thanks Jan

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 08, 2006 01:31AM

RE: health, some parameters will correct to perfection within a few days or weeks. Others may take longer. A lot depends on the specifics of the diet and the problem. There isn't any one size fits all.

RE: strips--They are called pH strips. You can google for them, there are many online sellers but I got mine from a local pharmacy after a few phone calls. The range for pH testing of urine is probably 5.0-8.0. You can get them from 0-14, however.

Date: December 08, 2006 08:18PM

hi,
your answers were helpful. I know that there's no way to know how long it will take me to heal. In fact, it helps to hear about ups AND downs.

For all you other sick people, have you tried live blood analysis? A month ago i went to a clinical nutritionist that explained my longer term health problems (prelyme) when no one else has. I think i have had candida problems to varying extents for 20 years...anyway, my blood showed lots of grain fungus and my red blood cells were in long chains called rouleaux and my white blood cells moved really really slowly. if anyone is having a problem becoming raw please go and see your blood, believe me it's motivating. so, of course she put me on a strict anti-candida diet. once i had given up the grains, i thought, why not just go raw? the grains were the hardest part to give up. So, i've only been raw for 2 weeks which is nothing but in the month since giving up grains i've come a long way...i have drank so much kamut wheatgrass powder and e3 live, etc. and when i did a 3 day juice fast on the 3rd day i felt hungover and my liver hurt like hell..my liver hurts often. did anyone have this happen while detoxing?
thanks Leila

Date: December 13, 2006 10:40PM

Glad to hear you had live blood analysis. It is truly revealing. You are on the right path. Keep us informed - even if you "fall off the wagon."

Date: December 14, 2006 10:20PM

thanks for the kind email mtnkathy. am off the wagon at moment, not because of food cravings but because i have to turn in my final grades tomorrow scrub down entire house then get on a plane, cannot run to the store, and am too exhausted to do this without espresso. of course all i had for cooked food was a tofu scramble for breakfast, nothing radical...will still have my salad for dinner...Leila

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:25PM

Everyone is different. We all have different, very different DNA. Depending on your health status, you will heal and/or detox at a different rate than others even in a similar condition. So....you never know. However, if you follow a very specific cleansing/detox program, like the ones advocated by HHI, OHI or Creative Health Institute, you will detox, I believe from my personal and professional experience and observations, more quickly. BUT your body knows precisely what it must be done, when, where & how. You simply must feed it all the necessary nutrients and enzymes so it can do what it was always meant to do - provide you with health and well-being.

Best to you,

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables