Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone experienced blocked ears when transitioning?
Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 07, 2007 08:46PM

Hey All
Have just started to really get into the raw way of living, and woke up one morning with one ear completely blocked. I have never experienced ear problems previously - have never had any problems with them at all. I have since used ear candles, massage, etc etc - with little effect....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Been blocked for three days now - and I am NOT going to a mainstream doctor!! Hoping that clean living will help to unblock!!
Ideas anyone?
Cheers and thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone experienced blocked ears when transitioning?
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: January 07, 2007 10:47PM

Hi deemel,
I have. I had alot of problems with my ears blocking when transitioning to raw. When I first went raw I very often woke up with both ears blocked it would take time for one to come open. I also had bleeding ears. It seems to be from mucus as well as pressure in system alot of stuff gets stirred up when we start eating healthier raw foods and if its not eliminated quickly enough stuff cloggs up and ears can block from that it seems thats what I found anyway. What seems to always help is anything to promote elimination. Once its all well eliminated ears should be completely open and feel better too.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 07, 2007 11:00PM

I have also. It happened almost out of the blue and lasted only a couple of days. The interesting thing is that it was identical to a condition I experienced years ago and I believe my body was experiencing a 'retracing' as it was likely stored in my cell's memory and just suppressed instead of resolved. Although it was uncomfortable, it went away as quickly as it came.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 08, 2007 01:43AM

When I first went raw, I got about a month into it and then I got ear infections..both ears and I am not one prone to ear infections. They got so bad, that I ended up having to go to the Dr's. and getting an anti-biotic..it was terribly painful so I really felt I had to.

I also ended up getting a really weird symptom later on..the gland under my arms got very red, and swollen and very painful. You could see two perfectly round red puffed circles...and it really scared the bejezzus out of me. They cleared up..and although I've had other weird things happen while I went raw, those two things were really an eye opener. I also lost 70 lbs. in the first 6 months of going raw.

Now you'd think that I'd learn..but I'm off raw, trying to get back on. Human nature...geesh!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 08, 2007 06:15AM

go back on! You must! erase all memories of cooked food tastes.

Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 08, 2007 06:34AM

Hi All
And, thanks for letting me know I wasn't going crazy. I would have presumed that the blockage would be related to sinus - there are so many interconnecting areas relating to the ears - that I was assuming that there was excess mucous etc being released..(nice hey)which was somehow constricting flow etc.

Prism

I am so sorry to hear that you have slipped - I used to hang around these boards way back..and I was always keen to read your musings. I guess we all instinctively know what we need to do - but that doesn't mean that it is any easier!! With regards to what you were discussing, Prism, I too got red raised hideous lumps under my armpit. These didn't distress me so much, as i saw them a positive..the toxins were looking for a way out.
I think there may be two factors here - one is the armpit is obviously filled with glands..and is a fantastic storage/release point and also the armpit doesn't receive much attention (ie: during a massage, it is forgotten..and so would be a good place for toxins to hide) So, I started skin brushing and particularly focussed on the pits - and haven't had any problems for the last few weeks.

Thanks for all the feedback - one foot in front of the last, Prism...that is all i am focussing on for the time being!!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: January 08, 2007 12:03PM

Hi deemel

After 6 months on a totally raw diet both of my ears became blocked. It lasted for months and drove me crazy!!!!
I felt like i had a head full of glue!
I slipped off my raw diet then when i returned to raw my ears blocked up again.

I have had a problem with my left ear now for over six months. Its clear for a while then blocks again. The eustachian tube keeps blocking up.

I have regular cranial osteopathy, ear candle, sinus drains, reflexology, use colloidal silver (sprayed into the ear) peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils for regular inhalation.
I have had to come to terms with the fact that it is part of my detox.

At least i know that its not permanent and so far the ears have not become infected.

Hope your ears clear soon

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 08, 2007 01:32PM

OK, Very Well,
I am Glad that You've found a way out../ got lucky enough.

Pleas write what did Your diet consisted of while on raw.. What percentage of fruit/ nuts/ veggies/ cooked food.

Starch Does that = denses lymph, disabling its function, and flow.
(Toxins from lymph instead going to brain are removed through ears for example)

Clogged up ears= toxins leaving body, that normally should be removed out through intestines, if clogged(years of cooked, acid+animalfat= Dead intestine fragment) then body removes toxic substances by bonding them with fat, and removing(acne, greasy skin, zits, tumors-if it can't remove it blocks off dangerous areas(cancer,parasites)

Ears are connected to our lymphatic system, which is a way of transporting of toxins, and cell waste to intestines. If They are blocked Lymph tries to discard toxic stuff ENYWHERE: between cells, skin, ears, ....

I found my ears to be problematic when i eat ANY processed Starch meal: bread, potatoes, pasta.
Before "RAW", constant ear problems made me quit swimming..
After i have turn to 100% diet: fruit, vegetable food is removing instead of adding toxic stuff, so my body does NOT have to use emergency exits(ears, skin)

Now..
3 years, not a single ear problem winking smiley

Armpits, glands: Sweat is ONE of the ways to remove acid toxins from body, again it gives a representation, and a WARNING SIGN, that toxins ARE NOT Being removed their proper way/ there are more toxins to remove than body can handle= not enough Unprocessed fibers like in Lentils, that go through whole body (intestine) and pick up toxic, fats, acids, and discard them.. That is thanks to our body NOT Being able to digest it effectively, so they work naturally as an internal brush, or a "cat litter sand", that bonds the ugly stuff so it does not stink, and can be easily removed from...
Lentils are to be soaked first for anywhere from 12 to 48 hours, and then enjoyed straight from a glass jar, or left in it without water for 12 more hours, than they develop small sprout, and their digestive value increases smiling smiley

Glands ARE BEing cleaned by Lymph: if clogged(starch, parasites) Than Glands start to swell being burned for too long with acid, toxic deposits NOT Being removed, transported further by to dense lymph.

It IS ALL Interconnected.
And...: You Were 100% right:

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: cindy5393 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 12:17AM

My ears have been clogged up half my life. When I first went vegan my sinus's and ears etc cleaned out like crazy for a week and I was all new. But still a little off and on ear thing. Recently I was told at a screening that I had an inner ear problem and should see a doctor. I thought hmmm not likely. Now that I am raw 90% 100 some days about 2 months now fluid drained from my ears one night and I realized things like my phone being too loud to hold to my head I had to turn it down, my computer speakers the tv the radio everything had to go down a notch in the house it is a good feeling not to say what did you say? over and over I did not know what I did not hear yawning smiley)

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 09, 2007 05:23AM

Yes, my ear problems were more than likely a cause of sinus infection, and other bodily infections.

The underarm lymph glands that swelled scared me because it was such a clear danger signal as to how toxic my body was and how much I need to get rid of the toxic waste.

I have been body brushing for the whole time since going raw..more than 4 yrs I believe. I also have these great scrubing gloves for the bath, and I know make my own pure soaps with real essential oils, like Lavender, Sweet Orange (a fav. of mine) and others. I also slather on my own make of coconut oil and choice of essential oils and my body is very soft, even the heels of my feet.

I'll have to put a link to my new website in my signature soonsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables