Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

BREWERS YEAST
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:42PM

is brewers yeast ok to eat? i mix it with braggs amino liquids and some water and put it on my sprout bread. and i sometimes sprinkle it on soups.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BREWERS YEAST
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 04:12PM

taylor, whatever you choose to eat is OK. see how it makes your body feel, observe this over time as it may change again and again. no one here can tell you what is alright for you better than your own body. just pay attention to you reactions to it.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 17, 2007 05:47AM

Hi taylor,

What do you mean by OK to eat? If you mean is there anything that I might regret going to happen if I eat this food? It depends on where you are in your raw process. For newbies, no, there will not be any ramifications. For someone like me, whose has been all raw for many years, if I were to eat it, I would not feel good.

If you meant is brewers yeast raw, no it is not.

As an aside, there is a related product called nutritional yeast. I know that Red Star brand is fortified with cyanocobalamin for its B12 content. Unfortunately, one of the byproducts of cyanocobalamin metabolism is cyanide.

Braggs Liquid Amino on the other hand, has a form of MSG (monosodium glutamate, a flavor enhancer) in it. For people who are sensitive to MSG, they tend to get headaches if they eat Braggs. When I want to make a dish salty, what I do is add celery or tomatoes or sundried tomatoes. Some people will dehydrate celery and grind it up into a power to make a healthier salt-like flavor.

One good test of a salt enhancer is "does it make you thirsty after using it?" If the answer is yes, this product is not health producing.

Date: January 17, 2007 12:38PM

i just mean in the raw foodist world-do they eat brewers yeast?taylor

Date: January 17, 2007 05:23PM

who is this "they" anyhow? you're in this raw foodist world and you eat it so, yes! "they" eat it, some of them at least!
i'm fairly sure that i'v read gabriel cousins recommends it and i have known a few to eat it. it never tasted great to me so i didn't but you go girl! eat what you like!

Date: January 17, 2007 09:47PM

well-if i am learning about being a raw foodist and a couple of weeks into it>>>THEY WOULD BE PEOPLE MORE INTO IT THAT ARE IN THE KNOW.THAT IS WHO THEY ARE!!! SNICKER.WHO IS GABRIEL COUSINS?i asked cause i bought a bunch of raw foodist uncookbooks and i did not see brewers yeast in them ...so thought i would ask you guys who are in the know.your experiences.thats all folks!!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 17, 2007 09:55PM

Google is your friend

Date: January 17, 2007 10:03PM

why when i can come to this source where ever one has experience and it brings more conversation?taylor

Date: January 17, 2007 10:12PM

Taylor, I usually google the hell outta stuff I want to know... I'm kinda nerdy like that. This way, you can read scientific studies, and learn a collection of miscellaneous info.

Like you, I ask the brainiacs here questions, and some here, are brilliant and through trial and error and their own research, can give you some really excellent insight. I find tho, in addition to, that researching items myself, gives me more peace in knowing the facts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 10:18PM by Rawrrr!.

Date: January 17, 2007 10:23PM

well-i like to come to this site cause i get everyones ideas and tips on like say brewers yeast-thanks to bryan...i did not know there was cyanide in the stuff.a brewers yeast site would sure not tell me this.so i like to ask the people here who have been doing this for a while.they would know the ropes so to speak.taylor

Date: January 17, 2007 10:30PM

i guess this is the easiest way... like an animal who eats what ever he is fed without question, and take the risk that the info is holy grail without error.

Not saying some people here are not correct, just verify info if you want to be sure.

Date: January 17, 2007 11:48PM

some peeps eat maple syrup, some use yeasts, some bee pollen and honey, some manna bread, and some don't. it's all a personal experience. like bryan said, it isn't raw so that would be a consideration if you are aiming for 100%. if not, like i said, eat what you like and see how it makes you feel. i really do think that that's the best way to find the best diet for you. the longer you do it the more sensitive you will become and the clearer the messages from your body. stick with the things that you already Know are healthy and good for you, the rest will become clear in time.

Date: January 18, 2007 01:18AM

whats manna bread? taylor

Date: January 18, 2007 02:19AM

manna bread is dehydrated sprouted grain bread. you canmake it yourself but it's available in the frozen section of some health food stores. kids love it and it's a good transition food. it can make you feel "full" and also replace regular grain products if you eat them.

Date: January 18, 2007 02:26AM

oh-so i made manna bread and i did not know it was called this.it was so good.thanks taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables