Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gabriel cousens
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 22, 2007 11:47PM

did i spell his name correctly? i saw his book at borders...it was the rainbow one about uncooking with lots of recipes and really nice pictures in it. very spendy.30$...i would love to have it.maybe soon.i got a book called the juice ladys guide to juicing for health!it was cheaper and talks about some kind of clay u can ingest and it gets rid of toxins.sort of interesting.back to gabriel's book... noticed his foods are dried at 145 degrees so this is interesting..and good cause i am not sure of the temp on my ronco food dryer. the other thing i was wondering is-why do we soak the nuts?why not put them in the blender with a tiny bit of water and blend...then let sit and soften up a bit. are we soaking to get rid of some bad residue or soaking to soften? .thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gabriel cousens
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:57AM

soaking apparently washes off the enzyme inhibitors that are on dried nuts and seeds to prevent them from sprouting when there isn't adequate water. it also starts the sprouting process which increases the nutrient content. and it's way easier to blend soft nuts, and once you blend the nuts they begin to oxydize (breakdown and deteriorate) so you wouldn't want them to sit around for a long time before eating them after blending.

bentonite clay is probably what you're talking about. i don't think it's neccessary. just eating clean will give your body lots of space for natural, slow and gentle detox.

love gabril cousins, he's great.

Re: gabriel cousens
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 02:20AM

thanks so much coco.i appreciate it.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables