Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Airline meals
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 18, 2007 08:54PM

Here is a list of the airlines that do raw vegetarian. Singapore Airlines look like they offer it!I guess I'll have to go with the fruit platter option. Just hope it's fresh; not out of a can!

[www.vegparadise.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Airline meals
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 18, 2007 10:02PM

I flew on VIRGIN airlines recently and I opted for the vegan meal..just to see and it was all stuff I could eat. I didn't even have to remind them before hand, just when i made the reservation.. I got fresh fruit, apples, mangos and the burrito I got was filled with fresh red peppers and tomatoes..I threw out the shell of course..and there was more..I forget though..it was all good..

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 19, 2007 09:20AM

A day spent flying somewhere is a good day to water fast for me, On the domestic flight I took last fall they let me carry on fresh dates, celery and nuts.
Uti

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: January 19, 2007 11:38AM

Wow that's a nice compiled list Rosemary. Jeezzz too bad for me, Local domestic flights through Jetblue doesn't give any food, Continental or Hawaiian to Hawaii has no special meals. I like to trade the junk food for the side salads/fruits.

Date: January 20, 2007 12:02PM

are you sure uti, maybe that is good, you do get very dehydrated flying don't you?

Date: January 21, 2007 09:59AM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you sure uti, maybe that is good, you do get
> very dehydrated flying don't you?

Coconut Cream,
I don't fly very often. Once a year or so to visit my mom back east, so I don't know anything about the dehydration effects from experience. I'm going to Costa Rica next month which will be about 10-12 hours on 2 flights to get there. Flying is an opportunity to do something like a long meditation....going inside....not letting the fear energy of all those people and the vibrations huge machine effect me negatively.

From your blogs and posts it looks like you fly more often and on longer flights than me. What's your experience?

I enjoy the way you share about your photos and the photos themselves, especially the food pics. I did photography for many years as a black and white fine art photographer until my outward journey became an inward journey and all of the need for that fell away. My only camera now is a litle 3.2 mb Olympus, though I miss the interchangable lenses and large view finder precision of my old pro Nikons and 4x5 view cameras. I'm lusting for a high end Nikon digital slr, or I should say the kid in me wants a new toy.

Love and Joy to You Little Sister,
Uti

Date: January 21, 2007 06:03PM

yes get a nikon d200..and a very good lense..or d70 like me..anyways, yes, I fly alot, I mean alot..

after I fly I get dried up, always, somehow, sneezing, jet lag, hives, ..I can't figure it out if its air conditioning poisoning, or radiation..plus I also eat the fruit I pass thru security and it may be all irradiated from machine, I am not sure..
but I get better immediately on ground..

Date: January 21, 2007 08:50PM

CoconutCream,
I believe the body reacts to the vibrations of machinery and electrical fields. I work with my hands and use a variety of power tools in the course of making my living and have been noticing as my body has lost its "armoring" from a SAD lifestyle and gotten more sensitive from my raw diet and the type of yoga I do which addresses body, mind and spirit - that I feel an energetic disturbance after spending a lot of time around my power tools or large equipment. When we started building our ashram I learned to use a backhoe because we wanted to do all of the work ourselves for spiritual reasons. I spent 12 days on that machine from dawn to dark and it was necessary for one of my friends to do major bodywork on me every day to keep me functional. I was only partly raw then, but it was summer and I was running on watermelon during the day, bodywork, rice and steamed veggies at night.

I get the impression from reading your website and posts that you are a very sensitive person. You may be feeling that during jet travel and the outward symptoms you experience are your body's way of reacting to or cleansing itself of the unnatural effect of our unhealthy modern world's assualt on our energy bodies. High speed travel is chaotic and upsetting to our bodies. I think there are some things written about this in some of our raw books, Gabriel Cousen's maybe.

My basic medical reference says that hives are of unknown origin, possibly due to an allergic reaction to environmental stimuli. Did you know that the planes are fumigated with toxic chemicals to kill possible disease pathogens?

Our nerves are about electrical energy. Ever seen any photos of the building of a modern jet passenger plane. I saw some at Boeing in Seattle. Miles and miles of wires. You are encased in a huge electrical energy field while riding "in comfort?" in a jetliner. Plus the high frequency vibrations of the turbine engines are known to cause screws to loosen and fall out of machinery like older mechanical cameras. Probably loosens our bodies' "screws" too. I've been told I have a few of those. LOL! I wouldn't expect anyone to fund a major scientific study on this, it's just not in the best interest of the companies' profits.

I'm not advocating that we don't travel. We just need to learn how to return to center after indulging in modern conveniences like jet travel. My limited experience so far tells me to do a very energetic yoga practice, eats lots of sweet watery fruit, avoid or reduce fats for a day or so (which is a challenging one for my cashew addiction) and don't jump into socially challenging situations if possible.

Maybe someday they will bring back high tec clipper ships for overseas travel.

The yogi who shares with me says that advanced yogis can control every cell of their body. I assume a lot of skeptics are now in various stages of laughter at that statement, but I have seen some things that lead me to believe a lot of things that can't be explained or quantified by scientific means. I've seen a yogi go down and back up his spine moving each vertebra individually. The point of this is that if even part of that statement is true, then a person can "temper" themselves by learning to return the being to a centered state through all the paths available to every individual including diet, physical body movement, energy body practices, emotional and spiritual healing practices.

Love from Uti

Date: January 23, 2007 03:46AM

Thank you uti, that is cool. I wonder what is next? Laser beaming to another city?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables