Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

phytochemicals
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 24, 2007 06:28PM

so...is this word-PHYTOCHEMICALS-another word for antioxidants??thanks taylor(i have been doing some reading)so i can get up to snuff with u guys.thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phytochemicals
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 24, 2007 06:30PM

Phytochemical = plant chemical. They can be antioxidant, but they can have other functions, too (that might be even more important than antioxidant activity).

Date: January 25, 2007 12:56AM

thanks arugula! i got the Gabriel Cousens rainbow green live-food cuisine book today.i saw it the other day at borders and it had previously not been there at all.there was just one. i couldn't get it the other day...i ran in there and it was not where it had been.i was so sick at heart.then i found it.well-i thought i was doing ok.now i read all this stuff about mycotoxins. now this is all new stuff to me.i was in the past eating vegtarian basically like a normal diet but no meat-we had the pies and cakes and lentil loafs and homemade bread and such.so this is all pretty interesting stuff. now i find out i need to be in Phase 1-so tonite i had a collard green,carrot,broccoli,zucchini salad...with avacado-sun-dried tomato sauce mixed with the avocado-on top and then carrot juice and celery and broccoli juice with flaxseed mixed in.i have to follow the Phase 1 part of this and stay on it a while.i am still reading.in phase 1-it says i can have all vegetables(except those listed elsewhere-i have not gotten to the elsewhere yet).anyway-pretty fascinationg reading.thanks taylor

Date: January 25, 2007 01:05AM

oops! i found the listing for not having the other veggies listed.well i was almost doing phase 1...i put carrots on and drank carrot juice.well-i will sit and read the book and then i can know what i am doing.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables