Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zinc supplements
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: January 24, 2007 05:16PM

For those of you who supplement with zinc, what form do you like best?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zinc supplements
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: January 24, 2007 10:06PM

sulfate, gluconate, oxide, et al?

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 24, 2007 10:15PM

I eat some pumkin seedz.Seems to work.I can't even remember the best kind to get.Sorry I don't take anything anymore.Gouda luck

Someone here knoes....

See you at the top!!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 25, 2007 01:59AM

I don't think it matters much. Linus Pauling Institute had this to say about the different forms:

[lpi.oregonstate.edu]

"A number of zinc supplements are available, including zinc acetate, zinc gluconate, zinc picolinate, and zinc sulfate. Zinc picolinate has been promoted as a more absorbable form of zinc, but there is little data to support this idea in humans. Limited work in animals suggests that increased intestinal absorption of zinc picolinate may be offset by increased elimination (4)."

ref 4. is
Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Zinc. Dietary reference intakes for vitamin A, vitamin K, boron, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silicon, vanadium, and zinc. Washington D.C.: National Academy Press; 2001:442-501. (National Academy Press) [this is free online at [www.nap.edu] ]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables