Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Healing Advise
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 29, 2007 08:27PM

I have a friend who has been ill for about ten years. She has fibromyalgia and is very sick. Her life has become so bad that she is simply existing and always in pain and is miserable. I have known her for fifteen years and have seen what her illness has done to her. After discovering raw I knew I could finally do something to help her. She lives about six hours away and I am going to spend a week with her and prepare her meals and show her ways to prepare them after I leave. She is very excited and positive about trying this. Do you guys have advise on what foods I should use and which ones I should avoid? I have Storm and Jinjee's "Healing on Raw Foods" book which I plan to use. I want to be gentle with her sick body. She has IBS, CF,CP and all the usual symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Thanks for all you do,
Kise'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Healing Advise
Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 30, 2007 04:06AM

Dave Klein has some great literature about IBS. Inspiring, he has helped many people make huge changes.

I have been healing from 'fibromyalgia' (blanket term for everything hurts and no one knows why!).

I can share that in my early raw experiences, I blindly got into the high fat, nonfood combined approach including lots of dehydrated foods, and the pain just got WORSE. (but i didn't realize it was this until i finally switched to a different approach and had hindsight.) If i would suggest one thing it would be to make sure the food is easy to digest! well combined, low fat, not dried. may i suggest.... Fruit and Greens? smiling smiley Anyway other people can offer more technical advice but i can just speak from my experience of what made it worse. Plus no one can complain about the foodprep of fruit! I haven't done it in years but a juice fast also felt great at one point, as did lots of alkalizing green juices. Oh and I wouldn't bother with the supplements/super foods. So much hype, not much help.

Besides the diet I have been putting a lot of effort into the emotional/mental/spiritual side of my healing. With chronic pain for me it seems very tied into emotional baggage and belief systems. As my yoga guides say, 'the issue's in the tissue!'

Love,
Uma

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2007 04:16AM by uma.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables