Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw family testimonial
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 01, 2007 03:33AM

Here is a testimonial from Nora's forum about a woman's experience having her family play with all raw for 14 days in a post titled "My family's raw experiment".

-----------------------
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my family's recent experiment with going raw together. My oldest daughter is 9 1/2 years old and has monthly seizures - I've told her for quite sometime that food affects her head and eating more raw or all raw would help. Her head pain started becoming worse and worse and I suggested to her that she go 100% raw for 14 days and see if she noticed any difference. She said okay, but she didn't see how she could manage if she smelled cooked food when her dad and her 7 year old sister ate. So I asked the whole family to go 100% raw for the 14 days together. My youngest daughter cried and cried, but finally agreed.

We started raw on January 11th. Each day my daughters would tell me how they were feeling. My oldest noticed that after the first two or three days her head pain was gone - completely! By day 11, she could do things, like spinning around, that would usually cause her great pain and sometimes bring on a seizure. She was so excited - she spun around 6 times in a row trying to make it hurt and couldn't. She said to me, ;This is what it feels like to be normal." By the last night she was dancing around the living room saying she had so much energy.

My youngest has focus issues, high energy (almost hyper), and behavior issues. For the first week raw, she ate huge amounts of food all day long. I was amazed at how much that little girl could eat. After a week, she was suddenly very tired and wanted more sleep. After a few days of that, she began to eat more normally - going a few hours without requesting food. At the end, she thanked her older sister for the experiment - she said she didn't think she could do it, but she found she loved how she felt on raw food!

My husband was cranky almost the whole two weeks. He kept threatening to quit and eat cooked food. He finally said he was going off a day early, then came home and said he stayed raw after all because he was finally feeling well - his 'hunger' and crankiness had passed and he was fine.

I loved the whole thing - finally I got to see how it would be to live with other raw fooders! No temptations - I didn't have to try to stay raw while cooking for my family - it was wonderful!

After the 14 days, they all went back to cooked dinners. Our agreement is raw until dinner. My oldest daughter now has head pain again daily and sometimes tummy pain too. My youngest has tummy pain too. Both say they would consider going raw again and both say they would love to be raw forever if the rest of the world was raw. Both feel it would be too hard still to see and smell their old favorites and try to stay raw. And too hard to go to birthday parties and stay raw while their friends eat cake and treats.

I understand. Mostly I wanted them to feel for themselves how they could feel and what effect food has on them. They know now. They were amazed by all they learned. They say they want to repeat the experiement sometimes, try one raw day a week, and maybe go all raw someday when they feel ready. I feel like our experiment was a huge success for us all and I am so proud of them going the full 14 days!

Carolyn

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables