Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frederic Patenaude - thoughts, concerns & experience
Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:57AM

Hello All
Just interested in your experience in dealing with Frederic - I have just ordered Raw Secrets from him (haven't received it yet) but I was keen to know others opinions on his contribution to the world of raw.
Has he helped you, do you know him, is he well respected in this field, are his books/information proving useful and relevant to you - those sorts of things.
Always keen to hear the opinions of those in the know
Cheers
D

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frederic Patenaude - thoughts, concerns & experience
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 31, 2007 04:12AM

Raw Secrets is an excellent book. It was the book I was recommending to my raw friends before "The 80/10/10 Diet" came out. I also bought "Instant Raw Sensations", a recipe guide for easy to make meals that are low fat. When I make a recipe, his simple recipes are the kind that I will eat, though nowadays I am mostly mono eating fruit.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 31, 2007 05:25AM

It is a good book.

You asked for my opinion. I used to love Fred when he was hanging out with Nature's first law.. I thought he was cute and had so much to say.

I noticed when he started his own business , he really kind of bad mouthed his old friends, his old partners and made them out to be liars about certain things. It kind of was weird to so publicly attack like that. Anybody know what I mean?

Also, he used to have all these free articles on his websites , that were so cool..but now you have to pay to see anything , I mean, anything..He will be like do you want to do this??, then pay X and I will send you ebook,,and everything is a plug for something else and it sounds very much like scams , alot of it.

His email newsletters I had to stop because they were just plugs to get you to buy..no recipes, no articles..just ads!

I like him though. I do.

I loved his recipe books before that Raw Secrets too. I hear people think they are too plain but I like them. Who knows, maybe he is making money and happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2007 05:28AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:07AM

I had a similar experience: I really did value Raw Secrets (awesome book) and I liked his newsletter at first. Then they started sounding like infomercials and all of his emails started getting filtered out by my Yahoo! account into the spam folder because the subject line sounded like spam! I don't know him personally though.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: DannyMacK ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:13PM

I hold Frederic in high regards. He is a sincere person in my judgement. I spent 6 weeks fasting and refeeding with him in Costa Rica under the guidance of Doug Graham. I can relate to him more than alot of the older leaders in the raw movement and I think it is special that he has shared his complete journey since it began.

I say, read with confidence yawning smiley)

DannyMacK

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 31, 2007 04:54PM

Got tons of free info from his website (though there are a lot of links to his books etc). Definitely worth a look if you're keen.

Got an online copy of the book only, thought I was getting the book itself sad smiley
wasn't paying attention.

Like his point about working on your weakest link, you are only as healthy as your weakest link or something to that effect.

Posted by: ela ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:24PM

I just got back from Frederic's Manifesting Health and Abundance seminar in Costa Rica.

Am curious as to whether any of the other folks on this board were there too. I was cosupervising the kitchen, so didn't really participate in the seminar portion of it.

I had a wonderful time. Not quite what I expected but I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people and learn a lot.

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 31, 2007 11:17PM

He is a cutie. I invited him to go to Paris with me a long time ago, lol.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: February 02, 2007 07:35AM

He does take a lot of opportunities to try and make money with his e-mail newsletters and such, and I think it's worth the investment. I haven't regretted anything that I have purchased from him, nor have my friends.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables