Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hydration
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 29, 2007 09:24PM

[Don't you just love it when you discover the solution to a problem that has been driving you nuts forever, and it turns out that the answer is not only totally simple, but has been right in front of you all along?

Well, EUREKA!! I found it, and I am so happy!

For the past three years, every time I visit my naturopath, and also the one time I saw my homeopath, they have told me I was soo-o-o-o dehydrated. This has been driving me bananas, because I have been forcing myself to drink unbelievable amounts of water every day. It reached the point where it became revolting to me, just looking at all that water I had to drink, and yet still, they kept saying I was dehydrated! A-R-R-R-H-H!!! To make matters worse, my Chinese Medicine doctor told me my kidneys were overtaxed, and also, on my Biological Terrain Assessments I get every year, kidney issues kept coming up as well! There seemed to be no answer.

Oh, also, I wasn't raw yet then either......

(Bet some people are nodding their heads, cause you know what I am going to say!)

As long as I was eating cooked (which isn't hydrating in the first place), I was also getting lots of cravings for salty things, like super salty roasted almonds. So my problem wasn't lack of water, it was the other stuff I was doing that was dehydrating me. Never even occurred to me.

Now that I am raw, I can't believe it - I feel like I don't even need to add any extra water to my day unless I actually feel like it. I haven't forced myself to drink any, and yet I feel so hydrated. And my salt cravings seem to have disappeared. I am going to get my next BTA tests done in March, and I can't wait to see the results! Not only this, but my ph was not optimal either before - hope to see an improvement there as well!

So, officially, I haven't proved this yet, but WOW, I am sure this is the answer! I am so relieved not to have to drink all that water all the time!

(Also - now that I have tasted raw almonds, I can't believe I ever liked them roasted or salted. How did anyone even ever think of roasting them, it totally ruins them!)

Couldn't resist sharing my excitement!

Sapphire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hydration
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 29, 2007 09:56PM

Sapphire this is great news...that you discovered the problem.good luck on the test in March.take care! taylor

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 31, 2007 12:43AM

I'm super duper glad for you.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: January 31, 2007 02:30PM

My personal experience:
I have never felt as properly hydrated as when I consume mostly raw fruits, my need for water consumption decreases and any water retention quickly resolved.

I am glad you figured it out. I know too well having to run to the bathroom every hour because I am drinking tons of water and not feeling hydrated.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 31, 2007 11:15PM

I am fruitarian and still get a little dehydrated, I can tell my lips get dry. It's cause of flying in airplanes or maybe eating something that I am not used to , like dressings on things..I used to put kelp on my avocados, a little, to wean off salt, I was so addicted to salt.. and it would make me all dried up.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 01, 2007 06:19PM

Yup, this is really great!

I love not having to run to the bathroom every five seconds (or so it seemed!). Hope I am really as hydrated as I think I am! Eating fruit all day long is great - it's very liberating, peeling or cutting up a piece of fruit is much simpler (and way less messy!) than the traditional meal or snack preparation! And I juice a couple of times a day.

I've looked at the website about the water cure, but I can't imagine how people can drink that much water all at once.

It was just so confusing to me - on the one hand, I seemed to need to drink water pretty much continuously, yet on the other hand they said my kidneys were overtaxed. The more I tried to address one problem, the more damage I caused for the other side of the problem. I knew this had to be wrong, but for the life of me, I couldn't imagine how to fix it!

Thanks for all the support - this is such a great group!

Sapphire

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 02, 2007 08:42AM

Great story! smiling smiley

I discovered that I had been dehydrated on cooked (despite carrying water bottle with me always), once I realized how hydrated I felt on fruit-plentiful raw diet. Amazing. Aren't we all lucky to have found this way of living!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables