Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Easy raw
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:00AM

So... recently in the last few months I noticed I had gotten into an unfortunate pattern of sweets & other unhealthy foods- chocolate bars, hostess cupcakes, potato chips etc- strangely while maintaining my diet of mostly raw foods. Food willpower is not my thing- I have to actually NOT want something.

But when I first started raw it was SO easy. I only had occasional, random cravings, not these crazy daily candy bar feedings.

Well I figured out why: cooked barley. When I first went raw I mixed nuts & seeds with the coarsest barley, called unhulled barley, for breakfasts or a lunch.

And despite my current aversion to cooking, I figured that eating cooked unhulled barley is WAY better than this candy bar pattern I had going. I cooked some up and yep, exactly the same as last time, in 4 days' time I wanted raw food ONLY. Blood sugar is COMPLETELY under control.

So that'll be my new, super easy way to do raw, should I once again fall into a junk food rut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 04:07AM by sunshine79.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easy raw
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2007 02:38AM

Hmmm, that's interesting. I like barley in soups, never tried it alone though. Maybe I'll give it a try..since I'm addicted to sugar again.

I wrote it down, so I'll buy some next time I go to the store.

I'll let you know if it works for me.

Love,
Prism

Re: Easy raw
Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: February 06, 2007 02:23AM

Hello,
I'm so glad you found something that works for you and makes eating more raw easy. Often people have to decide which is less harmful, junk food or some cooked whole vegan food to keep them on track.
Best Wishes,
C

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables