Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vain question - re: breasts & pregnancy
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 11, 2007 11:42PM

Ok maybe people won't want to answer this question but I was just wondering, if you do pregnancy & breastfeeding while raw, does the same thing still happen to breasts as for non-raw people? I've read Jinjee's pregnancy journals & she looked great, felt great, flat stomach after 5 kids... ok I know I maybe shouldn't be so concerned about appearance... but I would like to know if I might have to choose between plastic surgery someday or be distressed about post-prenancy breasts as a lot of moms seem to be. Sorry for the immature question, I'm just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vain question - re: breasts & pregnancy
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 12, 2007 12:51AM

I have breastfed three kids all pre-raw. I have had a good diet for years and have excersized for years. I lift weights (8 lb. dumb bells) and it makes a huge difference. I wouldn't say I look like I am twenty and have never had kids but I am 37 (oooh, 38 in a month) and have had three so I look great and I am happy. And I don't ever consider plastic surgery. We are beautiful at all the times in our lives. Embrace and enjoy every age. It isn't an immature question to me. We all have fears and it is important to have help easing our concerns and aprehensions. This forum is like a modern day village.

With love,
Kise'

Date: February 12, 2007 03:57AM

I have no problems with plastic surgery and advances they have made in it are amazing. I see no reason why a woman should feel bad for choosing to get her breast lifted or augmented.

A lot of women dye their hair or we wear make up... some of us get pierced or even tattooed all in an attempt to make ourselves look the best we can. If I am not happy with my weight or muscle tone, I adjust my diet or up my exercise programme. It doesn't mean I think less of myself, in my opinion, it just means I want to look and feel the best I can.

Just my 2 cents!

<3

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 12, 2007 04:33AM

I just read in one of the testimonials in Doug Graham's 80/10/10 book, of one woman who has an 18-year-old kid, who recently after adopting the 80/10/10 program her sagging breast skin from pregnancy/breastfeeding 18 years ago, had noticably firmed up.

It seems like a lot of healing is possible, it just depends how far we are willing to take it. From my understanding, things like scars are low priorities that the body only gets around to when more important things have been taken care of. I haven't yet gotten to the place where a scar would heal, but I know someone on raw who has had that experience.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2007 08:37AM

I have had 3 kids and am quite healthy, I have breast fed all my children for 2 years each and it has taken a toll on the appearance of my breasts ( mostly after the third) I have always wanted a breast augmentation but the risks are way too high of getting cancer from the silicone that is put in them. Silicone is a plastic and slowly gets into your blood stream and causes many problems later on. At least this is what I have read in many natural health and healing books.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 12, 2007 02:48PM

Any time someone cuts into your body you are putting it at risk.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: February 12, 2007 03:39PM

I breastfed my daughter for over 2 years. I am "small chested", and never in a million years would I consider plastic surgery. Doesn't bother me if others do it, nor do I judge people that do have plastic surgery, it's just not something I would ever choose to do. Anyways, my breasts may not be quite as perky as they were before pregnancy/breastfeeding, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. My breasts did their job - some people forget the reason why we actully HAVE breasts!

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 12, 2007 11:09PM

my wife nursed our child for 3 years... not like 10 times a day mind you but still... and my wife still has a smokin bod... there are a ton of sororities here at Penn State and my wife, who is almost 39, still has a flat belly, great breasts and looks amazing. The local college girls frequently look at her like they are jealous and I've heard a couple say they hope they look that good when they are "old".

My wife had our child at 34 too...

On the augmentation thing or plastic surgery idea... I don't see how you can possibly look your best when you get something like this done simply because it's not you. I honestly think that if you believe you need something like that then you are suffering from a lack of inner beauty which really brings out the outter beauty. this is a man's opinion and it's mine. I just think it focuses on the wrong aspects of beauty is all. My grandmother is still quite pretty and she's 85, but she's a great person and that really shows.

I guess that's about it because I've always felt strongly about doing what you can outside of the knife. However this really gets into a debate of values. I really don't value people who feel the need for plastic surgery in order to make themselves feel good. But CoconutChronicles... I do like your opinion and value it for being yours.. it's just not mine... and that's completely cool.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 12, 2007 11:24PM

I put real vitamin E oil & organic aloe vera all over my body, 2 times a day, everyday, because I didn't want to get stretch marks. Well, I have no stretch marks... well, maybe 2 tiny ones, but they can barely be seen unless I point them out.

Eat organic, pure, raw, unprocessed food, from scratch. Work out, and drink pure water, (get a water distiller or purifier) & veggie & fruit juices. Raw vegan fats keep your skin nice, and I've never been afraid of fat, and ironically I've always been slender.

That is just what has worked for me.

Be well always.

Date: February 12, 2007 11:30PM

"CoconutChronicles... I do like your opinion and value it for being yours.. it's just not mine... and that's completely cool."

morrisson66, right back at ya... <3 <3 Nothing but respect for you here Hun.

I knew my opinion wouldn't be a popular one given that this is a natural board lol but its no big deal! Variety is the spice of life afterall.

I don't think one's inner beauty has anything to do with ones outer beauty in a broad sense. And far be it for me to tell a woman that she must "live with" her discomfort over breasts that are so misshapen she has a hard time finding bras and shirts that fit or a nose that she has been picked on her whole life because it is large simply because other people disagree or believe her inner beauty should be enough to get her through life.

I am 25 and comfortable with how I look now but children and time can ravage a body (regardless of exercise and diet) and if I get stretchmarks or skin that hangs or anything else that bothers me (because lets face it, no one else's opinion matters but your own at the end of the day in terms of your looks) I wouldn't think twice to have something done about it.

Surgery is an option albeit a drastic one and there are other less invasive ways. I don't want anyone here to think I think anyone should go through with it blindly and without all the facts but I look at it as just another option I have to modify my body IF (and thats a pretty big if) I see fit.

Lisa

Edited to fix a minor spelling error and to add that this sentence is the only part of your post that bothers me morrisson66: "I really don't value people who feel the need for plastic surgery in order to make themselves feel good."

And it bothers me because in my life I strive very very hard not to judge other people for their beliefs or decisions even if I respectfully disagree.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2007 11:38PM by TheCoconutChronicles.

Date: February 13, 2007 12:28AM

yeah I'd have to agree with my sister in law's decision to have a breast reduction because of that pair of motor homes she had out front. She does actually look better too...

Lisa, that's why I had to comment because I thought the fact you expressed yourself in that way was so cool. I would have to say that immediately a person's inner beauty doesn't affect their outter beauty but all it takes is about 10 minutes of conversation and that can change a lot... but still.. I have to agree with a lot of your reasons. I was thinking of this woman I dated who was a total hotty and she had great breasts.. they were small but really nicely shaped.. and well she had an augmentation and they looked unreal.. as in not real. I thought it was kind of a waste... but hey I guess she felt better. When we were out people didn't look at her any more than they did before.

Also about people's beliefs I thought for a while as I wrote my previous post. I rewrote it trying to sound even less judgmental. You ended up with what I came up with. My point is simply I don't agree and that's how I feel but I totally get your points and would never EVER stop liking someone or even loving them on some level.

I remember in your blog you asked your husband what if you couldn't be married to him anymore if he continued to eat meat. I kinda feel like that about plastic surgery. I don't fundementally want to be with someone who has had it, but it's a non-issue really because I can't imagine my spouse ever getting it... Yes I realize I took what you sai a bit out of context but I hope it helps illustrate my point.

Life is really all about beauty and love anyhow. my perception of beauty and love is probably a lot different than most people's smiling smiley

Thanks for responding. it really made me think.
Matt

Posted by: red_willow ()
Date: February 13, 2007 01:01AM

I think it's pretty clear that the better you take care of yourself during your pregnancy and otherwise, the better you will look. I've heard that going raw can help skin regain some elasticity. Alot of people who've lost tons of weight on raw can attest that their skin has shrunk back down whereas cooked dieters have had to get tummy tucks.

Date: February 13, 2007 03:00AM

oh i forgot to mention that my wife rubbed aloe on her belly during pregnancy... she has ZERO stretch marks.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 13, 2007 05:32AM

I want to get pregnant, ahhh

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: February 14, 2007 01:11AM

Post preg. boobs... Now here's an interesting subject.

I've dated often in my life, and I gotta write that it didn't seem to matter to me if the woman was fat, skinny, or not real attractive because what always got me were a few things: 1, Eyes. Can they look at me when we're talking, and if so, do I get drawn in? 2, as odd as it may seem, if she doesn't have a personality... Well, the best sex in the world will not even keep me around, and 3, butts... Yep, ol' Arilraw is a butt man. Gotta have a butt.

So, sagging breasts, to me, do not matter.

I run, practice Yoga and uncook with a number of women who have children, and I can tell you that their boobs look "ok" (good) to me. Why? They eat and take care of themselves well. That seems to be the common factor: Nutrition and exercise.

Now, I've also noticed that raw women really rebound well, physically (look good), after childbirth.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:09AM

oooh so many interesting & VARIED responses!!

Thank you Pakd4Fun, CoconutChronicles, Uma, Felicia, Yogamama, Morrison66, Rawrrr, Red willow, coconutcream, and arilraw! I hadn't expected this thread to go anywhere but I've found every one of your responses to be uniquely insightful.

I myself probably just watch way too many Dr. 90210 shows, I think the TV gave me anxiety.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 03:11AM by sunshine79.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables