Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting back to raw...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:23PM

Hi all,

I'm back after a year of eating a more cooked food diet. I'm getting back into high raw again after a short juice fast I undertook recently.

I'm writing as I am starting to have the knawing feeling of not getting what my body needs (or wants) and I'm finding green smoothies, salads and fruit not enough to pull me beyond this. I also use some dehydrated crackers that I make and some seeds, nuts, and my fave, avocadoes.

I'm curious what other folks eat that helps them past the monotonous moments and feeling unfulfilled moments. I want to keep my fat intake down and wonder what other folks do to feel full without eating tons of the usual seeds, nuts, etc. I really want to stay away from that syndrome and trap this time around.

One of the Boutenko's talks about using juicing leftovers (plant fibers) to replace the fats tendancy. Anyone do this?

Also, I've ordered a book with quick raw recipes as I do not have a lot of time to create major meals, so any feedback on this sort of thing would be greatly appreciated. Plus, just feeling support.

Thanks!

Dor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting back to raw...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:41AM

The key to getting over the uncomfortable moments is to take only small forays past where you are comfortable right NOW. Set small goals and keep them. Either way...you should be moving WILLINGLY into territory where YOU want to go. So how bad can it be? We all have to take responsibility for the decisions to go where we want to go! Ha! ha! For sure. And only we can bust our own chops for not achieving some goal that WE set...ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 26, 2007 11:55PM

HAHA! that's funny davidz. for myself, i tend to be constantly munching on fruit or veggies throughout the day to keep from being hungry. i don't know if that's the right thing to do but for me to not "binge" on cooked foods due to being very hungry, i have to always be munching. ?????

Date: February 27, 2007 12:01AM

Ha! Yes. I hear you Tristani. I definitely had to/wanted to reverse my eating habit of eating lightly in the morning, medium in the afternoon, heavily at dinner, and heavy snacking all evening. Now I tend to eat a good deal at the start of the day...eat my largest meal somewhere around noon......and then snack every 2 hours or so until I get home in the evening. By then, I often can't even THINK about eating again! Ha! ha! It's just too tiring! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:20AM

Thanks for the encouragement! I've noticed that even at my worst, I still don't go for the cooked...yay!

I'm also dealing with complete adrenal fatigue/collapse so at times I feel a bit empty of any energy.

Hopefully in time, with the help of some supplements, I'll be resurected.

Thanks!

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 28, 2007 08:18PM

hi davidZ, how long did it take you to get to the point you're at now.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 28, 2007 09:07PM

What I find is that on the days my diet includes a large salad of sweet, juicy fruits (which may include dates and/or avocado if I'm really hungry) and a green smoothie or green drink, I'm OK. I also eat more than recommended amounts of nuts and seeds, but I'm ok with that.

Date: February 28, 2007 09:12PM

I set myself a generous time frame. So I took about 2 years to transition from a crap eater to an all-raw eater. Ha! ha! I did it in about 18 months. After that.....it was a slow transition from eating mostly vegetables, nuts and dates......to feeling much more comfortable with fresh fruit. I just eat fresh fruit for several years now. LOL. Everyone needs to put one foot in front of the other on THEIR path! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 28, 2007 09:27PM

Greenie- Do you mind telling what all you put in a salad with dates? Are they dried dates?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables