Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

want honest answer
Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: March 07, 2007 12:26AM

when i was 16, i started being a fruitarian and i was went from chubby to slim i lost 30 lbs. long story short, ni started eating processed fooids and junk and gained back 30and more. if i went back to raw will i lose that weight again? i just want an honest answer. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: want honest answer
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 07, 2007 12:48AM

Honest answer (my opinion):

-It is possible to lose weight...maintain weight....or gain weight on an all-raw diet....just as it is on any other diet. Any inconsistent diet will yield inconsistent results.

-My experience is that if one believes one is doing the right things, you should only make small changes that you are prepared to make for life. If a person is not prepared to do what THEY think is right forever....then break it up into smaller chunks until you are prepared to do what YOU think is right forever! LOL.

-Again, my own experience is that if you desire to show love to yourself, and make lifelong changes in your diet, lifestyle and way of thinking...then you will certainly have a tremendous edge on losing weight.

-Just changing my diet slowly over a 2 year period....I lost 1 pound a week for about 18 months. Ha! ha! I got to my goal weight at my own pace. I KNOW you'll succeed by going at yours!

-On the practical side: My experience is that if you eat mostly vegetables (and avoid processed foods, salts, spices and oils)....over the long haul you will lose weight.

-On a more fruit based diet...you will tend to maintain weight.

-On a more mixed diet that contains processed food, salts, spices or oils, and fats and sweets (like lots of nuts, dates, and olive oil....topped off with some avocados...) you will tend to gain some weight....all other factors being equal.

-No worries! Power and success to you SlimLady!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:47AM

david mason

your strategies are always so practical
telling people to break down things to little chunks that are manageable
that't the best advice i've ever heard

also to do things consistently

sometimes that's the way it goes
nothing dramatic

but over time
little small consistent things

can lead to spectacular results

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 07, 2007 10:13PM

I was twenty pounds heavier on raw food, I always felt bloated. Fruitarians are the skinniest

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:08PM

Wow coconutcream. I've heard that the more fruit you eat, the more you'll maintain or gain weight.

it's kind of frustrating when you hear a million different things about what should work or not. confused i am!

Laura T

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:17PM

You don't have to be over-ly confused Laura! Ha! ha! Just pick out what YOU think is the highest forms of eating for you at this point in your life....and try that for 3 months! See how you feel. Just be HONEST about how food is making you feel.

-If you cannot identify how a given food is making you feel....then try an experiment: Try eating JUST that food only for 3 days. You'll soon find out whether that food is optimal for you or not. Ha! ha!

-The idea of eating nothing but watermelon or grapes for 3 days is not at ALL unpleasant to me (and perhaps others). The idea of eating nothing but garlic or spinach for 3 days is less so (for me).

-The idea of mono-eating salt, olive oil, or some kind of cooked food for three days......seems rather un-sustaining to me! And I'm sure my body/mind/senses would let me know! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: oregonisaac ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:21PM

I have yet to meet a single 100% raw foodist who is fat (except maybe if they just transitioned), and I am eating as much of anything I want on raw, just whatever my body asks for, and I am losing fat and gaining muscle (I am training too though).

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:23PM

Ok DavidZ. I'm going to try, for at least 3 months, to eat mainly fruit. I may throw some veggie in there at times but i'd rather eat fruit. I'm with you on the garlic and spinach idea for 3 days. i'd rather not. i guess i'll see in a few months! thanks davidz.

Laura T

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: March 08, 2007 06:57AM

I really think it has a lot to do with fruits and greens... I find the more I just eat those.. even with oil on them, the easier it is to maintain... now if I start eating a bunch of nuts and seeds.. THAT'S when I feel heavy, bloated and gain weight. Coconut.. didn't you gain a bunch of weight when you ate a lot of nuts, seeds and oils?

However, my wife doesn't seem to want as much fruit as I do... who knows...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables